Hi there, just wondering if anyone knows of any free fitness apps for blackberry. I found a website called Fitclick but its says 'coming soon' to mobile phones....

Thanks!
    03-05-09 10:11 AM
    Gym Technik is pretty neat if you haven't used it already

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 12:28 AM
    Second that. You have to most of the set up on normal site but to keep track of workouts its pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 12:52 AM
    Heard good things about gymtechnik. I would use it myself, BUT: I am scared to death to take my Bold into the gym. One heavy dumbbell against it and I'd be pretty pissed. Or if I put it on a cardio machine and then walked away (did this with a nextel several times), I'd be even more pissed. And don't forget the sweat. I'd be pretty pissed if my Bold got wet.

Is there an armband for the Bold? I heard the Zune armband works. I'm just afraid I wouldn't like an armband. The iPod shuffle is perfect for the gym. But it sure would be nice to track workouts there and not have to write down or remember what i did.
    03-06-09 07:16 AM
    Heard good things about gymtechnik. I would use it myself, BUT: I am scared to death to take my Bold into the gym.

But it sure would be nice to track workouts there and not have to write down or remember what i did.
    03-06-09 07:21 AM
    You wonder. And rightly so. But when I was taking my big iPod into the gym in my pocket, I can't tell you how many times I banged it with a dumbbell while doing one arm dumbbell rows or alternate incline dumbbell curls. That would suck to do that to the Bold. Add to that I sweat like a pig in the gym so the Bold getting wet would be hard to avoid without some sort of armband or case.
    03-06-09 07:37 AM
    What am I missing You are loking for an app to run on your bold to track your workouts so you don't have to remember or take notes. You also don't want to bring your bold into the gym.

Are you thinking telepathy, Bluetooth, WiFi to you bold in the locker? If you don't want to bring your bold into the gym then I would suggest that an app to run on it will probably not satisify you needs anyway since you will still have to remember or take notes of your workout.

Why not get a hardened case for use in the gym to protect you bold and try the previously recommended gymtechnik app. Otherwise you just want your cake and to be able to eat it as well. That has neverbeen possible and is not likely to be possible in the forseeable future.

Have a nice day
    03-06-09 09:56 AM
    What am I missing
    You're not missing anything in regard to me. I said that if I were going to use the Bold in the gym, then Gymtechnik would be the app I would use. I have read good reviews of it and think it is a great thing. Even guys on bodybuilding sites say good things about it.

I was really seconding the suggestion of Gymtechnik and admitting my fear of taking the Bold into the gym.
    Last edited by Tallgntlmn; 03-06-09 at 10:58 AM.
    03-06-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD