True. The app store does allow you to download any paid for apps as often as you like. While that is a nice feature, I don't want to have to change out apps all the time because of a lack of adequate storage. I have an 8gb card and would love to be able to utilize it for app storage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 05:01 PM
    I dont have a problem with them only accepting paypal for "purchasable" apps. I have been using paypal for years without problem in conjunction with ebay.

My only gripe....and its a BIG one....is that I have to uninstall and reinstall the Aopp store just to see what updates and new apps have been added since yesterday. I uploaded the store early yesterday on mines and then my cousins later on in the afternoon. He had available apps that I didn't have until I uninstalled/reinstalled. Again today, helped put it on someone else and they have available apps that dont show up on my store....uninstall/reinstall again.
    Where is the simple refresh/update button? I mean come on are you kidding me?
    I did not have to uninstall. I just reinstalled the updated one and it replaced the onld one. It does seem like it should update itself though.
    04-02-09 05:12 PM
    So far it sucks for me. Installed it twice and both times it tells me in cannot connect to their server and to check my connections. All the permissions are set to Allow and my browser, Google maps, and Weather Eye all connect just fine.
    04-02-09 07:56 PM
    The big leagues is VISA. PayPaL is not going to cut it ! Doctor Neutron
    04-02-09 09:41 PM
    Even though most apps were available prior to App World it is nice to have a centralized location to dive deeper into my already dark BB addiction
    04-02-09 10:48 PM
    This is interesting...I was not aware that you couldn't utilize an SD card for apps. I bought an 8G in anticipation of App World - Damn I better cut back on app downloading
    04-02-09 10:51 PM
    It looks like the file sizes in My World are ... randomized? Facebook is 11KB this morning. Poynt shrank down to 193KB. Google Talk said it was 1MB when I downloaded it through App World, but this morning it's 413KB.

This could be fun!
    04-03-09 06:00 AM
    I have given up trying to get on to Apps World (ick name).
    Fed up of being told I do not have a plan that allows browsing, when I do.
    So it is off the BB and I will stick with Crackberry apps store.
    04-03-09 07:25 AM
    Works fine for me, but not too wild about it. Looks almost exactly like App store on Ipod Touch to me. They should have made something a bit more original, and if it is true that it does not update in real time then that was a real waste of my BB's memory and RIM's time to build something that will always give you the same options if you never reload it. And how is anyone going to know you have to reload it that is not posted on their site?

********.....will stick with going to the places I know to get my apps until they really get this app store nailed down.
    04-03-09 10:31 AM
    Works fine for me, but not too wild about it. Looks almost exactly like App store on Ipod Touch to me. They should have made something a bit more original, and if it is true that it does not update in real time then that was a real waste of my BB's memory and RIM's time to build something that will always give you the same options if you never reload it. And how is anyone going to know you have to reload it that is not posted on their site?

********.....will stick with going to the places I know to get my apps until they really get this app store nailed down.
    Yea it's going to be a complete failure if it doesn't update in realtime.

04-03-09 11:19 AM
    i love it! it looks awesome! i can't find facebook though?
    04-03-09 01:48 PM
    I went to the Blackberry Software site hoping to see what software is available. I was surprised to see the App Store is it and they want you to download it. I watched the video hoping that it would actually be helpful. While it might be a wonderful marketing tool aimed at their target audience (not me) I found it to be useless. I'll pass on it for now. The only app I was looking for was one that would allow apps to run off of my media card on my 8130. Otherwise, I can't download many more apps than I already have.
    04-06-09 08:31 AM
    for some reason I can not get shazam to work. keeps askign me for apn and wap info...
    04-06-09 08:33 AM
    I was concerned that they only accepted PayPal but DL'd it anyway. Very few new apps and no link (at least none I could find) to free apps. Not that I'm into free apps but it's a draw for many people. The app moved relatively slow and was difficult to navigate. I'm sure it will get better with time.
    04-06-09 09:27 AM
    I hate paypal its ********. Here let's make an application called Wallet where all of your payment information can be stored such as credit card information and bank account numbers. And instead if using your credit card, use paypal instead.

Btw everyone should download personal assistant. I liked the free version so much I'm going to buy the full version whenever I fund my paypal account.

04-06-09 11:06 AM
    The big leagues is VISA. PayPaL is not going to cut it !
    I think you meant to say, "The big leagues is AMERICAN EXPRESS. PayPal is not going to cut it !"
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 04-07-09 at 01:19 PM.
    04-06-09 11:26 AM
    I keep on getting the emails for this, guess its time to check it out.
    04-06-09 12:53 PM
    Tried to get on the app store again after reading all your reviews. Still getting message about not having correct data plan. When I do.
    Guess I will just have to dream or have nightmares about the app store!
    04-07-09 10:35 AM
    Ehh... I was excited when I heard about it. The actual experience... leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion.

I find the navigation easy enough, so anyone that can't find something ie. "Free Apps" you can search the store for them.

Battery drain is spot on... you go on the store for any period of time, you better be plugged in. Also, it is very slow navigating through the store itself, and icons take forever to load.

PayPal is a negative, but knock on wood, so far, I have had no problems with them.

Overall, it is a good start, but a long way from the Apple App store. I'll chalk it up to just starting out and keep up my hopes.
    Last edited by JJNYS; 04-07-09 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Just cause
    04-07-09 09:01 PM
    I think we should give some time....
    04-08-09 08:44 AM
    Its ok. I think they should have done what Android Market did and make ALL apps free for 90 days. I saw one app on BB World that cost 200 bucks.......wtf???? I think its ******** to pay for an app so I will stick to the free downloads. I don't trust paypal @ all.

04-08-09 09:05 AM
    Why VoIP applications are still coming soon....
    04-13-09 04:39 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD