Hi, I followed the instruction regarding resetting, wiping, and reinstalling the OS and I've triple checked that the firewall was DISABLED. However, once I installed a couple of apps the firewall suddenly became ENABLED. This is driving me crazy. Are there apps that do this? Or am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 08:23 PM
    well, what apps are you trying to install? and what do you mean "the firewall suddenly bacame enabled"? what happened? did you get the OS installed successfully first? the firewall has to do with messages mainly.. so if they are messaging apps, you might need to go into the apps permissions and set things to allow..
    04-11-09 12:16 AM
    I would venture to guess that is issue. During the install you should see a view permissions, I alway do and make sure they are set to allow. If not it will modify setting in other places as needed.
    04-11-09 08:05 AM
    well, what apps are you trying to install? and what do you mean "the firewall suddenly bacame enabled"? what happened? did you get the OS installed successfully first? the firewall has to do with messages mainly.. so if they are messaging apps, you might need to go into the apps permissions and set things to allow..
    The OS was successfully installed and a I triple checked that the firewall was disabled.
    Then I installed BB maps and Attachment services, I just checked after that and it was enabled.

Is that supposed to happen?
    04-11-09 09:09 PM
    Actually, I just wiped and rest to factory .... anyway, firewall was disabled until connected to DM !!!! I did copy the policy.bin file so whats going on?
    Last edited by omrjln; 04-12-09 at 12:37 AM.
    04-12-09 12:26 AM
    After I installed our hospitals patient tracking software this happened. I have supposedly "wiped it back to factory settings" twice at the verizon store. Still have firewall issues. I still cannot use programs that I previously used successfully. I'm furious as I've spent many hours trying to solve this problem and nothing has worked.
    04-16-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD