My buddy has the same phone as me, the new Javelin 8900. Both phones have the Facebook for Blackberry application installed but only one of the phones has the "find friends from your phone" option under the "find friends" button within facebook. This handy little function finds friends from your contacts within your bb.

Not sure what I have done on the phone that is working...

HELP!
    06-02-09 12:15 AM
    Do you both have the same version of FB?
    06-02-09 01:36 AM
    Is this only for 8900? I dont have that option either
    06-02-09 02:34 PM
    yes, version 1.5 on both BB's

Could they have limited the number of people that have the mod? Seems not many people have it.
    06-05-09 01:08 AM
    Do you possibly have different options checked in the app? It is possible that they only show the option to those people who have selected certain options within the app itself. Just speculating...
    06-05-09 02:11 AM
    I thought this and made sure the settings are the same on both units.

Can everyone who reads this post see the function within facebook? I would be interested to know as not many people are talking about it and I find it a very worthwhile addition...
    06-15-09 07:59 PM
    If you are in Facebook App, and go to Add Friend, once there while in the email field, just type any part of your BB Contact's name in that field and it will let you choose a list of your contacts to be added, of course, it will simply use whatever email you have in your contact info to try to send them an invitation to be added as a friend.
    06-15-09 08:28 PM
    i'm actually just curious how this works. is it based off phone numbers? and if so is there any way to find people via phone number within facebook?
    01-20-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD