I'm looking for a free app that allows the user to track their personal finances. I've tried the Jabp one and it downloads, but I cannot find it for my life.

I'm a new user, but a co-worker of mine says when he d/l's and app it goes straight to his main screen with an icon.

Any apps that are easy to d/l for personal finances?

Thanks!
    08-18-09 11:53 PM
    It didn't go straight to the desktop when I installed. Look in your apps, the icon looks like a stack of money.
    08-19-09 06:35 AM
    Thing is, I know it's downloaded, but it's not in my Apps section at all.

Is there something I'm not doing right? I mean, don't I just d/l it and it appears in my Apps section?

When I d/l it I was promted to save it to /media card/...so, I d/l it and I cannot find the app anywhere.
    08-19-09 11:20 AM
    I would try and reinstall it then. If it's installed, it will just overwrite it. i downloaded it and installed it using the .jar files.
    08-19-09 11:25 AM
    you cannot save apps to the media card as far as I'm aware. They have to be stored on device memory.You are downloading an OTA version right?
    08-19-09 11:27 AM
    you cannot save apps to the media card as far as I'm aware. They have to be stored on device memory.You are downloading an OTA version right?
    You are right. I might have downloaded it to my computer and then transferred the files to my Media Card and then installed from there.
    08-19-09 11:31 AM
    Not sure what OTA is, but now I'm thinking I did read where you have to DL it to the PC, put it on a memory card and then to the phone.

Is that the only way to d/l that application?

Too much trouble for me

Isn't there an app out there that you can track your expenses? Heck, at this point I'd even pay a few bucks for one.

Thanks though for the knowledge!
    08-19-09 12:09 PM
    OTA= Over the Air. Basically you click on the link in your blackberry browser and it prompts you download and install. If you go to GetJar: Free Java, Symbian, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Palm and Flash Lite mobile games and applications and search jabplite, it will take you right to the OTA download link.

Ascendo Money Personal Finance Manager looks cool, but it's $30.
    08-19-09 12:16 PM
    10david2

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

That site...it d/l perfectly!!

You're my hero!!
    08-19-09 01:36 PM
    I don't get jabplite!???? What's it for, when you can just login to your bank accounts via web?
    08-19-09 02:20 PM
    it's an app that I can use to track my expenses. I'm spending way too much $$ on eating for the day...I want to see how much I spend on this and that for a month. I can track that on Jabplite. It's a neat little app.
    08-19-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD