arggg...

after installation Go to 'options > advanced > applications' change the permissions on padersyncftp to allow everything.

Go into padersync and switch the connection type to direct TCP.

don't put "ftp://" before any address.

you have to hit the menu button and "save" after changing anything. If you escape out of a menu and don't manually save it doesn't prompt you and just dumps the changes.

You transfer files by 'marking' the file, then selecting 'select' then 'copy' to the clipboard, then opening a new "connection" to your mobile device and "pasting" the file from the clipboard into it. yes it treats the phone like an FTP site except you don't have to log in with username/pw. EXTREMELY clunky, but that's how ya have to.

Though that would I think make it possible to transfer files between FTP sites without them having to go through your device at all. ??

It works with FileZilla server on my home computer. So when I'm out and if I forgot something on my home computer I can FTP it to my phone. And from there bluetooth it to another computer or pull out the microSD card, throw it in a little MicroSD-to-USB adapter I keep on my keychain and stick it on a computer nearby. Awesome!
    Last edited by Furballz; 10-23-09 at 05:26 PM.
    10-23-09 05:07 PM
    yeah this program is great!!! I was previously using BeFTP but if you dont pay for a license, it removes your settings after you shut down the program which is highly annoying.

*Tip- open a second connection first then you can copy and paste directly to the phone directory and dont have to go through the clipboard.
    10-25-09 08:06 PM
    cool thanks, that does help
    10-26-09 05:50 PM
    NOOOOOO

The new version doesn't seem to work anymore. It was updated Oct 31 and sucks

Does anybody happen to know if/where an old version can be found? Does anybody have the old cod/alx files?

Pllleeeeeeeease
    11-14-09 12:05 PM
    Whoops never mind, I'd failed to follow my own setup directions. . Seems to be working now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 02:42 PM
    awesome. thanks for posting this. i wasn't ready to pay for beftp(13 freaking dollars?!?!). got it working thanks to you
    04-21-10 01:44 PM
    Another thing I do is, if I want to download a torrent to my computer at home while I'm on the road, I use Opera Mini 5 on my BB to go to a torrent tracker site, download the .torrent file to my BB, then use PaderSync to FTP that file to my home computer where I've set bittorrent or utorrent to watch a certain directory for new torrents. Once the .torrent file has been transferred to that directory, bit/utorrent will automatically start downloading the torrent so it'll be ready when I get home.

Fun!
    05-04-10 10:07 PM
    How do you get PaderSync FTP to work for free? I just downloaded it and it says it's a 30 day trial only.
    10-06-10 02:28 AM
    You can get it to work free for 30 days, then you have to buy it. Its not a free app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 02:54 AM
    ya. used to be free. not anymore
    10-06-10 10:10 AM
    Wow, that sucks :/
    10-06-10 10:56 PM
    You can still have the main features of padersync work in the free version, if I'm not mistaken,.. of course I last downloaded it several months ago.
    10-13-10 03:15 PM
    iirc, it wouldn't let you
    10-13-10 06:42 PM
    wouldn't let you what?
    10-14-10 04:46 AM
    wouldn't let you what?
    oops, meant to include that.

....wouldn't let me select a file anymore to upload to specified site
    guess i can try it again
    10-14-10 06:25 AM
    what version do you have?
    10-14-10 11:51 PM
    version 1.1.1
    10-15-10 12:38 AM
    could you try again to make sure? I have some previous versions I'll try to zip and upload here and you could try them out to see if they're different. IF you're able to install apps from your computer rather than OTA.
    10-15-10 12:40 AM
    ya. i actually just remembered i loaded a new hybrid recently, so it's going to be another 14days before the 30day trial runs back out

thx for the offer though! will let you know what happens come that time. i take it you're subscribed to this thread?
    10-15-10 12:42 AM
    yup, let me know in a couple of weeks. thx.
    10-15-10 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD