OK, so currently I am running Facebook v1.7.0.22 version on my Tour running v4.7.1.57 OS .

I have set my BB up with my work BES email address.

This is now also the email address that my Facebook is set up to send alerts.

So every Facebook alert I get notifies me just fine through the Facebook app, but it also registers as a message in my Messages inbox.

I would like to set it up to where I do NOT see those alerts in my Messages inbox, just as a notification from Facebook. I have tried a few things, but am unfamiliar with filters or anything like that

Is that possible? Can I get these notifications to stop showing in my Messages inbox?
    01-25-10 03:17 PM
    Sounds like something you need to fix under your FB settings. Log-in on a regular computer and go to your settings. Change your notifications.
    01-25-10 03:20 PM
    OK, but change them to what?

As I understand it the email needs to come through in order to alert my Facebook app on my BB. Is that a bad assumption?
    01-25-10 03:29 PM
    I don't think FB needs to send an email to your inbox for the app itself to notify you. Change your email settings and see what happens.
    01-25-10 04:18 PM
    OK, I will give that a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.
    01-25-10 04:34 PM
    Go face book on the computer at the top find settings then under notifications uncheck all the boxes.
    01-25-10 04:46 PM
    I set up a filter in Gmail to skip the inbox with my Facebook notifications. I still get my app alerts and don't receive the actual email as a 'message' on my BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 05:54 PM
    Yea it needs to send the email for the facebook app to work properly. I setup a new email account for just facebook but i may try setting up a filter in gmail.
    01-25-10 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD