View Poll Results: Would you think FileScout for just 0.99 USD without any individual support would be a good deal?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - sure!

3 100.00%
  • No - not an option for me - individula support is essential!

0 0%
    Hi BlackBerry OS4.5, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1 users,

I am wondering if you are interested in an offer I probably going to make for most of my applications - E.g. the main reason why FileScout is still cost you 5 bucks is cause of the efforts that are needed to make in order to offer individual eMail support. IF you think you don't need that for an app like FileScout, (incl. the Dropbox Plugin), then I would consider to offer the app for just 0.99$

Would be nice, if you could give me some feedback - specially the current FileScoutLite users... Follow emacberry @ twitter to get the latest info about the possible 0.99 USD offer...
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    01-20-13 07:16 AM
    This post may appear to be a waste of time for this thread since I only use the full paid version, but...
    BBFileScout is simply the best!!!! No doubt in my mind at all!!!!
    Highly recommended....
    Just pay the 5 bucks and enjoy controlling your content.

That. Is. All.

Sorry, Matthias, I just had to...
    Now back to the original discussion..........
    raino likes this.
    01-20-13 08:17 AM
    I think it would depend on what support system you put in place for the $0.99 users. Let me explain what I mean.

I think it would work great for "power users" or those already familiar with what FS is (having used the lite version, for example.)

But what are you going to do to with first time buyers (who may not even have tried FS lite), whose sole criteria for purchase is $0.99>$5.99, but have the support expectations of $5.99 purchasers? And given the fact that the lower price will attract more customers, you may get way more questions too.
    01-20-13 11:50 AM
    I think it would work great for "power users" or those already familiar with what FS is (having used the lite version, for example.)
    But what are you going to do to with first time buyers (who may not even have tried FS lite), whose sole criteria for purchase is $0.99>$5.99, but have the support expectations of $5.99 purchasers? And given the fact that the lower price will attract more customers, you may get way more questions too.
    The application description and the build in info dialogs will contain the information, that this build will come with limited support - and IF individual eMail support is required they should buy the still existing classic version.

The support requests for FileScout are more or less the same over the past years - 95% of them are well covered in the FAQ section, in the short "manual" (both on the emacberry website) and in the Forum (the "planed" main support source for the "none eMail support" Version). I plan, that 0.99 Version will contain different support contact information - with "auto reply" that will contain all the 'Self-Service' Information - and also in AppWorld the link will point o a different location.
    raino and Andree1 like this.
    01-20-13 12:09 PM
    Hi BlackBerry OS4.5, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 and 7.1 users,

I am wondering if you are interested in an offer I probably going to make for most of my applications - E.g. the main reason why FileScout is still cost you 5 bucks is cause of the efforts that are needed to make in order to offer individual eMail support. IF you think you don't need that for an app like FileScout, (incl. the Dropbox Plugin), then I would consider to offer the app for just 0.99$

Would be nice, if you could give me some feedback - specially the current FileScoutLite users... Follow emacberry @ twitter to get the latest info about the possible 0.99 USD offer...
    What limitations does this promotion? is for the 2.9.1.2 version including future updates?

Sent from my BlackBerry Storm2!
    01-21-13 03:43 PM
    What limitations does this promotion? is for the 2.9.1.2 version including future updates?

Sent from my BlackBerry Storm2!
    LoL. I'm sure you're really excited for BB10, because your Storm2 is stuttering really bad...
    01-21-13 05:35 PM
    There are no limitations concerning updates... since the initial release of FileScout all updates & new features have been for free - I don't see any reason to change this. The only limitation of this 0.99 would be to have not individual support by eMail - that's all.
    01-21-13 11:33 PM
    I think Matthias that you can also do some statistics research in your records. Most probably out of all full licenses sold 90% of users never requires the support. And how does it look by the lite version users ?
    For me, I would go for the deal in the thread title (but I will not: I have already full version, and I believe I have never had to ask for your support )
    MADBRADNYC and emacf1 like this.
    01-22-13 06:00 AM
    It took a while - but finally I am happy to be able to make you the offer for a 0.99 USD Version of FileScout via BlackBerryWorld...

You can get the fully functional version (without eMail support) via the following link
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/127045
    04-02-13 02:33 AM