I'm running an AT&T 8900 with OS .592 and the stock precision theme, and I've been using FileScout the past 6 months or whatever in order customize my email folder with the gmail icon. I went to bed last night and it was there, however, when I woke up this morning it was gone (it was just the normal/stock messages folder icon). I noticed that there was an update available for FileScout, 1.8.0 to 1.8.5, so I figured that once I updated the software, rebooted, then resend my service books that the gmail icon would return, but it didn't. Anyone else have this problem or know what could be causing it to suddenly stop working?
    05-09-10 12:57 PM
    I may be wrong but I did not realize Filescout could change icons. I know that MagicIcons could do that. With the former, if the icon is on the sd card and the bb is plugged into usb with mass storage mode ON, the graphic-icon cannot be used. If Filescout does to that, maybe your icon is not available.
    05-09-10 03:03 PM
    I found out how to use FileScout as a way to customize my mail folder here in the crackberry forums, which provided a link to this site for instructions:

How to Customize Blackberry Email and Folder Icons | iCrack

The icon.png file is the only pic I have saved to my BB & not on my SD card like all my other pics, and I (always) have mass storage turned off - and I haven't plugged it into my desktop for a few weeks.

I never heard of MagicIcons before.. is it free like FileScout?
    Last edited by shabazosu; 05-09-10 at 03:56 PM.
    05-09-10 03:15 PM
    I did not think that the email trick worked on OS 5 at all.
    05-09-10 04:35 PM
    In OS5.x all the folders that would need to be modified are write protected/read only - so no way to modify icons with FileScout any longer...
    05-10-10 07:27 AM
    Like I said, I've been running OS 5.X on my 8900 since the first leak came out and had been using FileScout almost that entire time to change my messages folder icon to the gmail icon. It only stopped working the other day because FileScout required that I upgrade its software, so I don't know why it would stop working now just because of an upgrade when it had always worked with OS 5.X to begin with.
    05-10-10 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD