FILELOCK IS NOT SECURITY.

FILELOCK SIMPLY RENAMES FILES WITH AN LCK EXTENSION

Test this by opening the BB Media application, pressing the menu key and selecting EXPLORE. Browse to and select a 'locked' file. using the menu key, select rename, remove the .lck extension and click save

The file is 'unlocked'

A zip utility for the BB that supports passwords may be a better option. Too bad filescout doesn't support passwords
    09-04-09 03:15 PM
    Detman 101, thanks for the rar file and tutorial.
    Does anyone know a good free video converter for bb? I want to convert my skydiving videos from .VOB to something my storm can run.

Thanks
    10-24-09 10:50 AM
    BLAZE, FILELOCK IS NOT SECURITY.

FILELOCK SIMPLY RENAMES FILES WITH AN LCK EXTENSION

Test this by opening the BB Media application, pressing the menu key and selecting EXPLORE. Browse to and select a 'locked' file. using the menu key, select rename, remove the .lck extension and click save

The file is 'unlocked'

A zip utility for the BB that supports passwords may be a better option. Too bad filescout doesn't support passwords
    10-24-09 10:54 AM
    hi im a bit confused on step two how do i 'UN-rar' the file? because wen i open up desktop manger and try to open this download it says this application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded. i have a curve 8520
    thank you?
    01-24-10 09:58 AM
    This application does not provide any more file security then using the built in file browser to rename the file extensions. That's all this app does, is rename the files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 10:03 AM
    There is a way of "hiding" folders, in the MEDIA screen, bring up options, scroll down to box that says EXCLUDE FOLDERS, then from there check the box (es) for specific folders.... simple. Folder should no longer show up.
    02-13-10 12:01 PM
    so i downloaded this to my phone & it doesn't want to work for me !!!!
    pin - 31406B69
    02-27-10 11:37 AM
    This constantly hasn't worked for me on my Bold9700, when I try to lock a folder it just keeps asking for permission once I have selected lock, and when I say yes it just asks again a second later, and the folder never gets locked??
    10-08-10 01:24 PM
    There is a way of "hiding" folders, in the MEDIA screen, bring up options, scroll down to box that says EXCLUDE FOLDERS, then from there check the box (es) for specific folders.... simple. Folder should no longer show up.
    How would you view this folder if need be though?
    10-08-10 01:29 PM
    has anyone managed to convert the file lock application so it runs on play book?
    01-09-12 02:34 PM
    i dont think the file is still available on mediafire. is there any way i can get a download of this file?
    01-09-12 09:33 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD