Posted this in a thread last night. Maybe it'll help
    someone here:

This works in 4.5 it does not in 4.2 I don't know about
    4.3 so if someone check it that would be good.

Open media, click explore, navigate to the file or folder you
    want to hide, click properties, there will be a box called hidden,
    put a check in that box and the file or folder disappears from your list.

To get it back go back into media press menu, and select show hiddden
    07-16-08 12:08 PM
    This is a great program! Good for keeping my nosey friends out of my naked photo collection! (Totally kidding!)
    08-28-08 03:52 AM
    lol...

Dm
    08-28-08 01:53 PM
    I was not able to load the COD file, but I guess it did not matter because I was still able to get it to work at my BB.

one question though, I locked one of the folder and it was successfull. But when I went to the Media Card, i can still see them but just can not view, is there a way that when you do Lock it, it also goes away from your media list?
    09-10-08 10:44 AM
    Did you go to your media card via the bberry "explore" function or thru your pc's file explorer?

Regardless, either way...with this app you are still going to be able to see the files. You just won't be able to access them. I mitigate this risk by using my own codespeak in my filenames so that I know what the file is but no one else would were they to see the filename. My files are encrypted with the key on my berry so that even if someone took my sdcard out of the berry and removed the .lck extension from the files, they still wouldn't open and be viewable.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 11:33 AM
    Good afternoon all: I appreciate the posts on this program. I installed it this morning and have attempted to lock access to my SDcard and it doesn't appear to be working as I can still access all my files. Any ideas?
    09-11-08 12:13 PM
    Good afternoon all: I appreciate the posts on this program. I installed it this morning and have attempted to lock access to my SDcard and it doesn't appear to be working as I can still access all my files. Any ideas?
    Read the thread.
    You will understand how it works after you do.

Dm
    09-11-08 03:17 PM
    *bump*

Good stuff. I like this app a lot.
    12-05-08 11:22 PM
    Question: I've followed the steps and still get the prompts, no matter what. It is annoying and the biggest reason why I don't use it as much I would want to.

I have a Bold, Help!
    12-05-08 11:32 PM
    I will have to try this app out.
    12-08-08 08:50 AM
    Question: I've followed the steps and still get the prompts, no matter what. It is annoying and the biggest reason why I don't use it as much I would want to.

I have a Bold, Help!
    Sorry dude, I have no experience with Bolds.
    Try enabling your firewall.

Dm

12-08-08 01:49 PM
    Hi all..

I read the entire thread and followed all instructions to a T but I'm having this same problem...

first Q is has anyone else successfully used it on OS 4.2 with an 8300 or know for sure that is even works with 8300 OS 4.2? I see a lot of 8310's saying it worked but not many 8300...

This program is awesome I really want to use it!
    Last edited by NinjaB; 12-09-08 at 03:32 PM.
    12-09-08 03:29 PM
    OK all this sounds great but does any one know where I can download free software to un Rar these files in the first place? I've already downloaded it and realized I can't access it. Thankx
    12-29-08 01:04 AM
    filelock was working fine for the past few days, but now when i go to lock a file, i open filelock, put in my password, press menu, press ok. then this pop up asks me "the application filelock has attempted to open local content. would you like to allow this?" I click yes, and then nothing happens. what happened to the program?
    01-28-09 12:41 PM
    I think all this application does in rename the file and adds an "lck" on the end of it. I don't think it actually encrypt anything.
    You would be 100% correct. I'm surprised so many people don't realize this.
    If I had any of their phones laying around unlocked, I'd be able to view all their pics just by changing the .lck extension to .jpg or .gif or whatever.
    Any doubters? Try it.
    02-06-09 02:05 PM
    I think the main point is to just keep out wanderin eyes when people wanna look at your phone coz its all shiny and better than theirs rather than an encryption app. And for that it really does a great job
    02-06-09 04:54 PM
    Now I assume the goal here is just to keep kids or others from viewing objectionable material while playing on the phone. My kids play with mine all the time. So this is what I was worried about.

So if this is the goal, and not beating a rap with the FBI, here is my take.

I played with the program for a few hours, and still cant lock or unlock anything without hitting OK a dozen times.

Then I got to thinking if all it does is change the file extension why not just do that myself for each file.

Just hit menu and explore in media go to the file, hit menu, and then hit rename erase the .mp4 file extension and replace it with .x . Now the file won't play! To Play go back to the file and change it back.

Its still a pain in the rear, but I find it allot easier! It accomplishes the goal for me.

If you need to hide things from the FBI, then its still not good enough I know!

Hope this helps someone.
    02-21-09 05:43 PM
    Can I get an ota d/l plz? Pin:31CDAF1E

02-21-09 05:45 PM
    i just installed this on my bold and yeah, no matter what i try it still asks permission for every file within a folder...?! settings are all exactly as they should be and i've only ever answered "yes" to anything the program has asked me. is there any workaround for this?
    03-16-09 02:23 PM
    You would be 100% correct. I'm surprised so many people don't realize this.
    If I had any of their phones laying around unlocked, I'd be able to view all their pics just by changing the .lck extension to .jpg or .gif or whatever.
    Any doubters? Try it.
    You are right. What a useless app.

Does anyone know of any other free or cheap file locking apps available, that actually encrypt the file?

Thanks.
    04-03-09 11:08 AM
    Why not just use the built in encryption?

what does built in encryption do?

Does it prevent other person to view your files?
    04-09-09 08:50 AM
    anyone mistakenly choose 'no' when this fileLock ask for a permission access ?

well I did, and now it won't open anymore, from what I read, I need to re install it, but bit confused, whether I need to remove the old fileLock first then install the new one, or just overwrite the old one by installing new one straight away.

and also, I'm afraid that all files that have been locked within, couldn't be open anymore with the fresh install,

so, anyone pass through this situation yet ? any help would be very helpful though,

thanks in advance,

cheers
    04-10-09 12:08 AM
    Every time i try to add the program to application loader it goes throught to process of adding it then it doesnt show up on the application list
    06-01-09 10:44 PM
    This program keeps asking for permission to access files. I formated my fone and re-installed, allowing all permissions and pushing yes the first time, and the next folder I went to it asked again. Why does it ask to push yes on every folder?
    06-03-09 11:44 AM
    It's a useless app, don't bother with it.

I'm looking around for a solution that actually does what I want it to, which is to encrypt/password protect individual files on my media card.
    06-03-09 06:37 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD