Okay,
    I have a Blackberry Tour and looking for an app or program that does the following:

An app that will let you take emails, sms text, pictures or anytype of messages and put them in a Password protected file that only you can access. In other words so if someone else is using your phone will be unable to access your "special files"

Does anyone know where or if there is an app that does this? If not does someone want to make some money? Because I know I am not the only one looking for an app like this.
    08-12-09 01:14 AM
    Download Safebox 0.0.3 for Blackberry Free Trial - Safebox is a password protection program for your BlackBerry, it enables you to lock specific applications with a password. - Softpedia

Safebox is a password protection program for your BlackBerry, it enables you to lock specific applications with a password.
    You can decide to lock your messages folder, media files, options or any application that has been installed on your BlackBerry.
    Using Safebox you will be able to lock out anyone from seeing your private media files or using certain applications. Maybe you don’t want others to see your private emails, important calendar events or risk them editing your blackberry options.
    08-12-09 02:42 AM
    Ok thank you for the input it worked fine. But the SAFEBOX locks down applications on the device. I am still looking for an application that locks down certain messeges, pictures or certain BB Messenger messeges. Is there any application out there that does this for tour?

Thank you.
    08-17-09 11:05 PM
    i posted almost the exact same threade a while ago and i heard there was an app called "filelock". which is exactly what your looking for and does all the stuff your talking about , only problem i can't find it anywhere ....but i'll keep looking!
    08-18-09 08:19 PM
    I looked at file lock and it will not work with the TOUR.

Pretty much looking for an APP to hide certain things from others if they went to use the phone without them knowing it.

It would be great to have a file that you can send messeges to, save pictures in and put whatever else you wanted.

Someone outthere know of anything like this? Safebox is cool wish there was a manual for it.
    08-19-09 12:10 AM
    Anyone out there have any suggestions?
    08-22-09 12:31 AM
    Ascendo datavault

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 12:36 AM
    So the wife doesn't catch what is going on?

08-22-09 02:21 AM
    OK -
    Still no luck for what I am looking for!

Here is the run down - Be able to create a folder on the Blackberry Tour put any emails, pictures, or any other file inside of it.

Password lock it, and then hide it.

Yes so others can not see it! or the wife.

anyone?
    09-04-09 09:49 PM
    Ok thank you for the input it worked fine. But the SAFEBOX locks down applications on the device. I am still looking for an application that locks down certain messeges, pictures or certain BB Messenger messeges. Is there any application out there that does this for tour?

Thank you.
    You can Save messages and then under Options set it to hide save messages. For pictures move the to a folder and exclude that folder from before shown when display images.

best solution is to lock your phone all together. the kind of defeats the purpose of a the "secure" blackberry phone if you're allowing people to just browse your phone.

*side note: dont you think locking certain pictures and messages would raise more concern to the SNOOPER rather than locking the entire phone and saying it autolocks now cause you have personal banking account info on it or something.
    Last edited by devGOD; 09-06-09 at 10:51 AM.
    09-06-09 10:47 AM
    But,
    I have done the little things it just would help to be able to transfer and hide the desired information in one folder instead of Safe Boxing it, doing this and doing that to hide the information.

Any other ideas? Any applications out there?
    09-07-09 06:49 PM
    Why not just put a password on the device so people can't use it unless you lock it?
    09-07-09 08:40 PM
    That would be easy but if someone wants to use phone..........

come on someone out there can easily create an application.

any takers?
    09-15-09 01:20 AM
    you man i need the SAME thing.
    i work for sprint and i have 2 phones and im geeting tired of it "work" and "personal".
    IM LOOKING FOR ONE THAT WILL NEVER SHOW ANY NEW INCOMING MESSEGES, PINS, EMAILS, PIC-MAILS, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT FROM "SPECIAL" CONTACTS....FIND ANYTHING YET?
    PLEASE LET ME KOW
    LATER
    09-21-09 01:58 AM

Anyone able to help us out? There has to be other people out there looking for the same thing. Any body out there able to create an app for this?

Thank you.
    09-21-09 04:48 AM
    I previously used File Lock and while it wasn't the best of programs, it worked but now need something for the Storm 2.

And for all those responses "why don't you just put a password" or "what are you hiding from your wife", here is my scenario.

I do have my phone locked but my kids know the password and I have no problem with that. They use the apps, take pictures, watch videos, etc. However, I don't necesarrily want them to to have full access to all my emails / pics / files.

It was convenient to be able to lock away files. Any enterprising developers out there? I'd pay a resonable price for a well functioning program.
    11-11-09 01:06 PM
    I have a Tour and I use Filelock and it works great for everything you just described.
    11-11-09 08:00 PM
    MblVault. Look it up on AppWorld. I think its what you're looking for.

11-14-09 01:17 AM
    If Tiger had an app that did this stuff maybe he wouldnt have gotten caught.

Anyone out there know of an app that does:

Here is the run down - Be able to create a folder on the Blackberry put any emails, pictures, or any other file inside of it.

Password lock it, and then hide it.
    12-17-09 01:26 AM
    check out Applock read the description and sounds like what your looking for and only 1.99...Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more

Also has a free trial
    12-17-09 01:42 AM
    I just found and downloaded this" app lock" I love it! What Nate wants is to keep his pics and sms open but hide certain message in a folder that's locked or masked.
    Nate I was looking for the same thing last night but I will say I'm satisfied with app lock. I'm trying the demo version but it does have a hide folder section if you buy the full version. Let me buy it and I will tell u in a few if it works like u want OK 1.99 what the heck .

Last edited by ms charli; 12-17-09 at 08:43 AM.
    12-17-09 08:28 AM
    I'm having the same situation, I found apps at blackberry app world but they all cost money. Please inform me if someone finds anythingg.
    04-30-10 03:31 AM
    Im not looking for a folder to hide files at and then password it. I want all my messeges (txt, emails etc) pics all to ask for a password when you try to open it. I dont mind typing in a password each time. To me thats better then going through certain items and dumping them off to a secure folder. I wont all my **** locked down. Locking the phone is cool but sometimes people want to use your phone. So I just want to know they cant access any of my emails, txt, messengers, pics, even browser would be good. All that stuff should ask for a password when you click on it. That would be great.
    05-06-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD