Hi guys,

Just picked up a 9700 and got a few questions.

I cannot see the option for "I want to create or add an email address". How do I get this option back?

I upgraded to the latest firmware and pressing the lock button makes the screen go blank. Is there any way to make it operate like the previous version?

How exactly do I install applications through the browser?

Thanks.
    03-26-10 09:45 PM
    1) You have to wait for your carrier to activate your BIS account.
    Try registering your device:- Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now
    When you receive a confirmation message... you're good to go.

2) That is the way RIM intend the Lock button to operate from now on.
    If you want it to operate as before, you'll have to downgrade your OS.

3) Through App World. Download it from the Mobile BlackBerry bookmark in your browser.
    You'll have to wait until your BIS account is activated first though.
    03-26-10 11:32 PM
    If its registered. There should be an icon for the email wizard..make sure its not hidden.
    03-26-10 11:38 PM
    I upgraded to the latest firmware and pressing the lock button makes the screen go blank. Is there any way to make it operate like the previous version?
    You can't make the lock button operate like before (ie password lock) however if you go into options and language settings and remove the shortcut option then you can password lock your phone quickly by pressing alt+enter together

Hope this helps
    03-27-10 09:22 AM
    Just called Orange to activate my account. Does anyone know how long this takes?
    04-05-10 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD