I just backed up blackberry and 3rd party apps and cleared my phone..When I went to reinstall, my 3rd party apps aren't transferring...I see them in my documents ( I have a 3rd party apps folder) the only thing that transfers is my pin # document..I thought that would contain all my apps but apparently it doesn't...The other apps are all listed underneath the pin # doc. How do I get all my apps back on my phone??? Is there another way to get them without goin through desktop manager?

Also...on a whole nother topic...My husband had blocked some emails on the computer but still receives them on his bb...How does he block them on bb??

Thanks
    09-29-09 02:01 PM
    I'm not sure about your first question, but as far as blocking the e-mails from going thru to his BB, he can setup a filter under his BIS settings. All he has to do is log onto his BIS site, pull up his e-mail address settings, and setup filters to block messages that he recieves from specific e-mail addresses.
    09-29-09 02:10 PM
    I'm not sure about your first question, but as far as blocking the e-mails from going thru to his BB, he can setup a filter under his BIS settings. All he has to do is log onto his BIS site, pull up his e-mail address settings, and setup filters to block messages that he recieves from specific e-mail addresses.

BIS setting?? Where is that? Thanks for the info!
    09-29-09 02:14 PM
    He can access it 2 ways. If he goes into the e-mail setup icon on his BB, he can access it that way, but the easiest way is to follow this link:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    to login to his Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) account. I'm assuming that since you have Verizon listed as your carrier, he is using them as well, and that he has his BB for personal reasons, and it's not a business provided device.
    Once logged in, he needs to click edit next to his e-mail address (should say edit, delete, etc) and in there he can set filters to block e-mails from specific e-mail addresses. He can setup as many of these filters as required to keep the unwanted e-mails from being pushed to his BB. They will still be on his physical inbox, just not pushed to the BB.
    09-29-09 02:18 PM
    Thanks!! I will do it for him tonight
    09-29-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD