any one else having an issue not getting an alert on their phone? i am re downloading to see if i start getting alerts i dont want to get tons of emails i would rather just get an alert from the app itself
    05-22-10 10:06 AM
    All good here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 10:21 AM
    Good here too!
    05-22-10 10:32 AM
    About 1/4 of mine don't come through. But the same is true on my wife's Tour
    05-22-10 11:19 AM
    I've found that facebook is really nitpicky as to when it wants to work. When I first used the app it would sometimes take hours before I received a notification, but now I get it within seconds.

My question concerning Facebook is whether there's any way to select what info you want merged in contacts. I love having pictures, but hate how birthdays clog my calendar!

05-22-10 05:53 PM
    Is there a way to not have the Facebook profile pic constantly replace the contact pic I want to use for a specific person but still keep the person's Facebook sync with my phone

05-22-10 07:26 PM
    any one else having an issue not getting an alert on their phone? i am re downloading to see if i start getting alerts i dont want to get tons of emails i would rather just get an alert from the app itself
    I've had the same problem for the past few days.
    05-22-10 09:26 PM
    I have that issue here and there.
    05-22-10 10:15 PM
    I have that issue here and there.
    yeah its back again.. who knows.. i rarely log into fb on the computer so its hard to tell if i get a message or not,, i actually have to view the mobile site vs the app i have,, totally weird
    05-25-10 08:11 PM
    AFAIK, BB doesn't integrate notifications of Facebook at all. It intercepts the emails Facebook sends to your device (which is why you need your FB email set up on your BB).

When Facebook is experiencing email delays, your Blackberry's notifications appear slower.

This is also why, if you are the admin of a page and you get Facebook's Insights emails, it appears as a Facebook notification, even though it's just an email.
    05-26-10 08:36 AM
    AFAIK, BB doesn't integrate notifications of Facebook at all. It intercepts the emails Facebook sends to your device (which is why you need your FB email set up on your BB).

When Facebook is experiencing email delays, your Blackberry's notifications appear slower.

This is also why, if you are the admin of a page and you get Facebook's Insights emails, it appears as a Facebook notification, even though it's just an email.
    i have always had email notification turned off. it has always sent me a notification through the app itself, i have found that when i stop receiving the notifications and i know i should have them i delete the app and reinstall. just kind of irritating
    05-26-10 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD