Fb 1.9.0 is out for testing in the Blackberry beta zone. I'm just waiting for my keycode and I'll report on what i see

this is what's "new"
    Facebook� version 1.9.0 includes the following new features:

Search New Friends and Pages
    Dedicated Facebook Inbox
    UI Improvements
    View Friends and Pages List
    Unified Search Integration
    10-25-10 12:14 PM
    The damn beta zone site is overloaded . . . can't get into My Programs.
    10-25-10 12:42 PM
    Fb 1.9.0 is out for testing in the Blackberry beta zone. I'm just waiting for my keycode and I'll report on what i see

this is what's "new"
    Facebook� version 1.9.0 includes the following new features:

Search New Friends and Pages
    Dedicated Facebook Inbox
    UI Improvements
    View Friends and Pages List
    Unified Search Integration
    i wasnt able to download it.hopefully it'll be back up.
    10-25-10 12:46 PM
    I installed the beta version via USB from the website and it would appear that the only thing that happened was my previous version was uninstalled!
    10-25-10 12:56 PM
    I installed the beta version via USB from the website and it would appear that the only thing that happened was my previous version was uninstalled!
    do you have the link or website.thanx
    10-25-10 12:57 PM
    Don't know why but that is HILARIOUS to me.. haha.

Sorry man
    10-25-10 01:04 PM
    I want it ! But no beta zone in France damn ...
    10-25-10 01:12 PM
    I downloaded it and it"s up and running. So far so good. Here is what i found so far:

1) Seems faster in terms of loading
    2) Under "Friends" is now 2 tabs, "Friends" and "Pages". Friends list shows larger photos and font size. Loads quicky.
    3) When you receive notifications in your mail on your device, the little FB icon is now gray in color instead of blue and looks re-designed.
    4) Has a universal type of search.
    5) Has "My Profile" tab in notifications bar.
    6) "Messages" tab now shows messages by date and is re-designed. Easier to scroll through messages.
    7) Photo uploads are very quick and very easy to tag people. No delays.

So far it seems pretty good. Looks very similar to 1.8 so I had to play with it for a bit to see the changes. At first I didn't think it loaded correctly!
    10-25-10 01:13 PM
    Does pages allow you to browse like group pages?
    10-25-10 01:32 PM
    Waiting on key code.
    10-25-10 01:34 PM
    I'm stuck in limbo - got the download, waiting waiting waiting for the keycode...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 01:36 PM
    i got code but no download.where is the download.
    10-25-10 01:44 PM
    10-25-10 01:46 PM
    10-25-10 01:47 PM
    I had to email to request my code. I waited about an hour between downloading and emailing to get code. Definitely loads and moves faster.
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-25-10 at 01:53 PM.
    10-25-10 01:49 PM
    keep saying error i guess server down will wait til later i have my keycode.
    10-25-10 01:51 PM
    Same boat - waiting for keycode.
    10-25-10 01:51 PM
    Servers are overloaded...
    10-25-10 01:52 PM
    Does pages allow you to browse like group pages?
    Yes, it lists all the pages you have liked and lists them for you.
    10-25-10 01:53 PM
    Still no Facebook Chat !? **** no..
    10-25-10 01:54 PM
    Correction on one thing:

#3 - new messages in your device mailbox come in as Blue but once you open or respond the icon turns Gray.
    10-25-10 01:55 PM
    Yes, it lists all the pages you have liked and lists them for you.
    Awesome!

Do you know if it provides notifications if someone posts on a group that you are admin of?.

Also, can you now respond to comments on group walls? I am the admin of a group, and while I get the notification that someone has commented/replied to something on my group, I can not open it and always have to go to the browser to reply.

Servers still jammed!

Hopefully there will be a 1.9 no keycode walk around like there was for 1.8
    10-25-10 01:58 PM
    Whats the point ?

Its the same thing with the blue Facebook logo -with- the little red star on it, and once you open/respond to one message for example, theres just the logo.

2 . it says "If you prefer to have all of your messages in one place you can set up your Facebook messages to appear within your BlackBerry Messages inbox."

Do you guys get a message notification on your homescreen or just a facebook logo notification when you get a message on facebook ?
    10-25-10 02:00 PM

Do you guys get a message notification on your homescreen or just a facebook logo notification when you get a message on facebook ?
    Just the logo.
    10-25-10 02:01 PM
    Just the logo.
    So maybe on the new version you get a message logo on your homescreen if you got a facebook message, and for the other things ( like friend requests ) you get a facebook logo on your screen.
    It says that you can link your facebook messages to your inbox, which i can do now too.
    But I have the " Today " Screen on my Precision Zen Theme, and it would be cool if i could see my facebook messages on my homescreen, below the "messages" bar
    10-25-10 02:05 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD