I want an app that just has 9+ contacts that can b set as fdavs and then use convience key to access and it shows pic of them with name and options to call , sms , mms . Just real quick app . Anyone heard anything like this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 10:20 AM
    I believe carriers support & push their own versions of this for free.

I know my carrier T-Mobile has a "5 Faves" add-on which does this. I have it grandfathered into my plan, and I'm not sure if it is still available to new subscribers though...

I believe Verizon now has a similar add-on called "Friends & Family".

</title><title> - Verizon Wireless Support

The only caveat to what you speak of is that it is not a 3rd party app, and it is limited to only 5 numbers. But, the Google Voice app set to be one of your outgoing numbers can make this unlimited.
    07-20-10 11:39 AM
    I don't want unlimited calling I want quick access to them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 04:20 PM
    Ok. Sorry. I was just trying to help your situation. I don't know of an app that does this, but maybe someone else can chime in here.

The post really wasn't about unlimited calling, it was about having a way to call your favorite people, showing an ID pic, and various options to contact them. The Google Voice thing was just extra info not for unlimted minute calling, but for unlimited favorites calling.

FYI. You can always add the Verizon service (shortcut) to a convenience key as per your original post though.

All the best.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 07-20-10 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Terrible speed typing...
    07-20-10 04:33 PM
    This isn't an app and probably not what you are looking for, but you could create categories in your Contacts and then filter by your "Favorites" so that they only show. Then those Favorites would be quickly accessible. Your request is an interesting one, one to keep an eye on.
    07-20-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD