I'd like some opinions specifically from storm2 owners as to 1) which browser is the fastest? and 2) which browser do you like the best?

I've read on the forums that the new bolt browser is the fastest but personally I'm not sure. I'd like to know from s2 owners so that all other different factors between different models of BB phones are held constant.
    05-28-10 04:38 PM
    As pathetic as it is, the BB browser is the fastest. Reason is it doesn't "F" everything up like the others. A fast page load is meaningless if its the same page you were already on, not the page you requested, or a completely blank page. The others are also quite unfriendly to use on the Storm. I found them very frustrating. The only one that had any redeaming quality (IMO) is Opera Mini and that's its ability to render high quality images. 'Course you have to refresh the page 8 times before the images show up, but once they do they are beautiful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 05:01 PM
    I've tried all 3 and use the main browser regularly now since the newer hybrid's browsers are fast...but Opera Mini 5 is the fastest of the 3, the default browser still being the slowest, but not far behind.
    05-28-10 05:51 PM
    I have tried them all and to be honest I keep going back to the Blackberry Browser.

The thing that annoys me the most about Opera and Bolt is the fact that you just have to touch a link and it loads as opposed to clicking it like the native browser.

For me that is the deal breaker. Other apps 3rd part apps can utilise the click, why cannot they.

I feel that the others load the page quickly but they seem to hang before it all happens. If you take the whole time from selection to loaded page all three are about the same.

Its all about what feels best for you. Try them all and make your own decisions.

I just cannot wait till OS 6 and the webkit browser.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-28-10 06:34 PM
    The only deal breaker for me for Opera Mini was it randomly deletes your text entries on some websites especially m.facebook.com <-- I'd type a status, hit update and then it would just clear the text field...started to get annoying since it does it randomly.
    05-28-10 06:37 PM
    I get that problem often too.

It can be a pain the **** when filling in job application forms.

05-28-10 06:40 PM
    I get that problem often too.

It can be a pain the **** when filling in job application forms.

I only use OM5 to load large files that I need to download and I use it for searches. Everything else is done in the default Browser for me although it's still pretty dame slow compared to the 3rd party browsers.
    05-28-10 06:44 PM
    I used to only use the stock browser but now all I use is opera for some reason I used to hate it but it seems to load faster and the tab browsing is awesome and its just all around faster on my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 07:54 PM
    I've had some significant time with all 3 and I'd say the best overall browser is OM5. One of the best features it has is the ability to sync bookmarks/speed dial/etc.

In terms of reliability, I would say the BB native browser is the most stable. Bolt and OM5 have their bugs, but they are serviceable depending on the type of browsing being done (CNN vs. fantasy baseball updates )
    05-28-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD