BlackBerry�: A faster, friendlier Facebook. Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones v1.7 is here.

BlackBerry�'s Notes

A faster, friendlier Facebook. Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones v1.7 is here.

Today at 3:19pm

With more support, speed and advanced features, Facebook� for BlackBerry� smartphones v1.7 connects you with friends like never before.

New features:
    � Facebook News Feed support
    � Facebook News Feed filters support
    � Faster page loading
    � Ability to �like�
    � Create a �profile photo� from within the photo album view

Get it now
    10-19-09 08:22 PM
    old news. LIke a few days.
    10-19-09 08:29 PM
    It's neither faster nor friendlier than 1.6 imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 08:30 PM
    I never use the facebook app because the stupid notifications don't update unless you have your email configured through the blackberry app, and the email notifications turned on... I don't understand why it can't connect to facebook and tell me when I have new notifications, that's like the dumbest thing ever
    10-19-09 08:52 PM
    1.6v.....Much better....sadly I've already upgrade.....can I downgrade it back??

10-20-09 11:36 AM
    1.6v.....Much better....sadly I've already upgrade.....can I downgrade it back??

Download facebook_1.6.0.21_8900_v4.6.1.250.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way unless you're running 5.0 then you'll need .22
    10-20-09 12:23 PM
    Overall it's better but slower, especially at showing photos.
    10-20-09 01:43 PM
    It would be tough to be worse than all the other releases. Facebook app is like the AOL of the world.
    10-20-09 01:48 PM
    Upgraded and lost my icon. now I have to go through the browser. Am I the only one that has happened to?
    10-21-09 11:27 AM
    Not much better to be honest. Someday they will get it right, I hope.
    10-21-09 12:57 PM
    Dude thanks for posting up a link. Time for a dl when I get home.

10-21-09 02:39 PM
    Has anyone having trouble login with FB 1.7 lately? Couple of friends of mine does. Tried revalidating email account, which usually works when you missed your FB notifications. But it didn't work. Any enlightment for this kind of trouble? Many thanks in advance for any advice.

10-22-09 10:26 AM
    I upgraded 2 this during the release but I still end up going straight to the mobile site haha

10-23-09 10:39 PM
    OH man, facebook v1.7 is the worst. I can't connect 2 it nd when I finally get on it kicks me out b4 the page loads. Please does any1 have v1.6 4 the 9630 (tour)
    10-24-09 06:40 PM
    No you aren't hope that someone can explain why and help fix the issue.
    02-09-10 07:12 PM
    My updates won't appear on my stor
    but they will appear on the facebook app for my iTouch. This really posses me off because I don't want to see my iPod functioning better than my storm that is completely embarassing. Whenever I update on my storm it says no new stream update again. When I update on my touch it updates fine. Also RIM should think about
    making a facebook app similar to that of the iPhone.

02-09-10 09:41 PM
    My updates won't appear on my stor
    but they will appear on the facebook app for my iTouch. This really posses me off because I don't want to see my iPod functioning better than my storm that is completely embarassing. Whenever I update on my storm it says no new stream update again. When I update on my touch it updates fine. Also RIM should think about
    making a facebook app similar to that of the iPhone.

i really hope they do very soon
    02-09-10 09:44 PM
    wow months later they go backwards yet again............ disappointment after disappointment

this really is not helping
    02-09-10 11:54 PM
    "Could Not Connect To FaceBook at this time."

Sriously, why do I even have this application?

02-10-10 12:33 AM
    wasn't able to connect last night and early this am (like at 5am)... it seems to be back to normal...

we need a serious FB for BB update... like 2.0 .... this app is pretty pathetic in it's current form...
    02-10-10 08:38 AM
    You know reading these comments makes me so angry. I want to stick with Blackberry, but stuff like this makes you think that Rim is never going to catch up with Android or Apple. I used the iphone facebook app and wow!!! crazy fast with pictures. If hasn't come around when the Nexus one hits Verizon, sadly I am leaving the Blackberry Universe. The Android facebook app isn't so great, but at least they are going in the right direction.
    02-10-10 07:28 PM
    Here's the scoop about facebook. An applications inventor on there wrote in one of their blogs that said...people hacked into the apps. on facebook. He also said he had noticed 2 friends in his friends list that was not supposed to be there. This has caused so many issues in the last few weeks. Things like the apps. not working correctly, not getting notifications, live feed not updating, not being able to login through mobile app. or it being way too slow logging in, and anything that has to do with pictures not wanting to work. When I first read what this inventor posted on that blog, I stopped getting on facebook from my computer LOL. Even though my computer is very heavily protected. I waited a week...my cousin said the characters in the apps. were floating, moonwalking, and just really weird crazy stuff. I started getting back on there I had to see it for myself. My computer hasn't found anything so I'm assuming these hackers are just having some harmless fun with facebook. Facebook is trying to patch all their issues while it's up and running. But unfortunately I don't know if they will be able to fix their website unless they totally shut it down for a couple days and redo everything. I also figured out if you keep your facebook cache deleted it makes the app. login better...not that it works good anyways. Sorry this is so long but I hope this helps and now you know what's going on with facebook.

02-11-10 12:38 AM
    I just checked on my 9700, the facebook app is working fine again.
    02-11-10 02:12 AM
    Yes I know. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Your phone has nothing to do with it. It's their website that doesn't work correctly because of all the bugs they have to fix.

02-11-10 09:51 PM
    Was wondering what happened to facebook too. It is working now and hopefully for the better. Of course we still need something like 2.0 update soon.
    02-12-10 12:32 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD