since 2 weeks the calendar widget in Fancy widgets stopped working on my 9900. Anyone with that same issue, and if its there. An sollution!?

Thanks!
    02-13-12 12:17 PM
    since 2 weeks the calendar widget in Fancy widgets stopped working on my 9900. Anyone with that same issue, and if its there. An sollution!?

Thanks!
    Mine stopped working last week too.
    04-09-12 04:21 PM
    Try deleting calendar, save it then add it back on.
    04-09-12 04:36 PM
    Try deleting calendar, save it then add it back on.
    Did that many times. Uninstalled app, reinstalled. still nothing. All other widgets work great, just the calendar that doesn't work anymore.
    04-09-12 07:04 PM
    Did your default calendar change? Sometimes when I update the OS, I have to go into defaults and change my calendar to the correct default.

Are you using Google/Google sync? Delete the calendar using the DM and then re-synced with Google sync.
    04-10-12 07:47 AM
    Did your default calendar change? Sometimes when I update the OS, I have to go into defaults and change my calendar to the correct default.

Are you using Google/Google sync? Delete the calendar using the DM and then re-synced with Google sync.
    This morning it's back again. I'm not sure why it comes and goes. i depend on the calendar widget because there's no TODAY theme available for OS7. So Fancy Widgets is the only MUST HAVE app i use.

I don't use Google sync. I do use BES though. I'm still trying to figure out what causes the cal widget to disappear.
    04-10-12 10:55 AM
    To others using Fancy Widgets Calendar, can you try something. On my 9930, if I have an appointment that is blank, Calendar widget stops working. Can you try to see if you also have the same behavior? For example, create an appointment for an hour from now, but leave everything else blank. When i do this, calendar widget disappears.
    04-10-12 03:45 PM
    Dont use FancyWidgets. It is a resourcehog and its calendar is not reliable!.. Since its not updated, the program itself is slowing 9900 too.
    I've found a new one called, " Next Event ". Try using this for a cool and light-resource today screen on your 9900.

regards,
    04-11-12 06:35 AM
    To others using Fancy Widgets Calendar, can you try something. On my 9930, if I have an appointment that is blank, Calendar widget stops working. Can you try to see if you also have the same behavior? For example, create an appointment for an hour from now, but leave everything else blank. When i do this, calendar widget disappears.
    When I added a blank appointment, other events no longer appeared on the screen. Everything was blank. When i deleted it, they all came back.
    04-11-12 07:58 AM
    Dont use FancyWidgets. It is a resourcehog and its calendar is not reliable!.. Since its not updated, the program itself is slowing 9900 too.
    I've found a new one called, " Next Event ". Try using this for a cool and light-resource today screen on your 9900.

regards,
    I haven't noticed any slowing down of the 9930 running Fancy Widgets. I am glad to see some other options I didn't know about. There's a DeToday that has a "Try It" Next Event looks good but it's paid only so that goes to the bottom of my list.

How do you know that FancyWidgets is a resource hog? and Next Event isn't? Just curious is there's a way to tell.
    04-11-12 12:34 PM
    When I added a blank appointment, other events no longer appeared on the screen. Everything was blank. When i deleted it, they all came back.
    Thanks for confirming that. So that appears to be the issue i was having. Hopefully this will help others if they run into this problem. in short, don't create any empty appointments when using FancyWidgets Calendar. Which shouldn't be a problem as there's no reason to create that.
    04-11-12 12:36 PM
    I installed 3 Today Homescreen apps today, (next event wasn't one of them) FancyWidgets is clearly better. Just the widget placement feature alone is far superior to the others. I deleted the others and reinstalled FancyWidgets, and finally paid the $2.99.

Bottom line, until RIM get there sh!t together and releases Themebuilder7, FancyWidgets is the best Today Homescreen app there is.
    04-11-12 06:38 PM
    No it is not. Because it made mistakes after a few month of usage with me. ( 30th and 31th of months aspecially)
    I've bought both fancywidgets and deToday... Uninstalled both of them after long usages.
    Now i'm really happy with "next event".

For me the winner is by far the "next event".
    04-12-12 07:53 AM
    No it is not. Because it made mistakes after a few month of usage with me. ( 30th and 31th of months aspecially)
    I've bought both fancywidgets and deToday... Uninstalled both of them after long usages.
    Now i'm really happy with "next event".

For me the winner is by far the "next event".
    I'm not ruling out Next Event, but I'm not getting answers to what is better about it. So what does Next Event do better than FancyWidgets. On paper FancyWidgets does a lot more. Not only wallpaper and calendar, it also has stocks, quotes, countdown timer, weather, etc.

I've been using FW for 8 months and other than then "bug" I found recently that is resolved, it's been a great alternative to having OS7 themes that can do a true Today screen with both calendar entries and emails.

So it would be helpful if you can give us some actual differences. I'd love to have another choice since it doesn't look like RIM will be releasing a Themebuilder for OS7
    04-12-12 11:25 AM
    I'm having a problem with it not showing the number of days in my countdown...only the "Label" then blank space and "days"
    Also the digital clock doesnt show at all. Anyone else?
    10-19-12 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD