Which one is better? Or are they both the same thing? Appworld has them on sale right now. And i wanna make sure I get the right one.
    03-18-11 11:50 AM
    Willie, I have both and they are very similar, so I think either one you go with will be fine. When I purchased then, they were .99 cents each, thats why I got both. (from MobiHand)

I hope this helps you a bit.

Funny thing is now, I barely use them. lol.
    03-18-11 12:00 PM
    I also purchased both, since they $0.99 at the time. I prefer Fancy Characters. The developer has updated the app numerous times since it was released, and he has added more features.

I have since uninstalled Smiley Pack and only use Fancy Characters.
    03-18-11 12:08 PM
    Funny thing is now, I barely use them. lol.
    LOL. Same here. And when I do use a smiley it is one of the default ones in BBM. Sorta silly, actually.
    03-18-11 02:00 PM
    I also purchased both, since they $0.99 at the time. I prefer Fancy Characters. The developer has updated the app numerous times since it was released, and he has added more features.

I have since uninstalled Smiley Pack and only use Fancy Characters.
    I haven't tried Smiley Pack, but use Fancy Characters. I don't necessarily se it daily, but still do use it. I'm happy I have it.

Like lak611 said, this dev frequently updates and strives to improve. He's also very responsive to feedback.

I also like the Sticky Mode with FC, so it's easier to use multiple items in a row.

Btw, there's a free one on App World from S4BB. I put it on one of my people's 9700, and it's horrid. No pic of the character just the description of it. Very lame UI, so you get what you pay for.
    03-18-11 02:08 PM
    Fancy Characters is better IMHO
    03-18-11 02:31 PM
    I have Smiley Pack (when I got it it was on sale and Fancy Characters was not hehe) and I have also tried the trial version of Fancy Characters. I agree with PinkDiamonds; both are pretty much the same. One thing I did like about Smiley Pack was that the emoticons/icons (when you open it to choose one) were smaller so that I didn't have to scroll down alot to get to the one I wanted. It also has a Favorites where you can put the icons/emoticons you most use but I can't remember if Fancy Characters has this as well.

Edit: FC does not have favorites
    Last edited by puddin78; 03-18-11 at 03:09 PM.
    03-18-11 02:44 PM
    I have Smiley Pack (when I got it it was on sale and Fancy Characters was not hehe) and I have also tried the trial version of Fancy Characters. I agree with PinkDiamonds; both are pretty much the same. One thing I did like about Smiley Pack was that the emoticons/icons (when you open it to choose one) were smaller so that I didn't have to scroll down alot to get to the one I wanted. It also has a Favorites where you can put the icons/emoticons you most use but I can't remember if Fancy Characters has this as well. (It probably does).
    FC does NOT have a favourites section. That would be awesome though!

You can adjust the symbol sizes between small & large, as well as options for the background between black & white, the popup to appear at top or bottom of screen, show flags as flag icon or country name, and a few more.

I think the default setting for FC is to have "Large Icons" enabled, so you probably just missed that option to have smaller symbols.

FC also just added tabs for Facebook Smiles, Text Art, and a few other optional tabs.
    puddin78 likes this.
    03-18-11 03:00 PM
    LOL. Same here. And when I do use a smiley it is one of the default ones in BBM. Sorta silly, actually.
    Lmao BA! Same here!
    03-18-11 03:03 PM
    FC does NOT have a favourites section. That would be awesome though!

You can adjust the symbol sizes between small & large, as well as options for the background between black & white, the popup to appear at top or bottom of screen, show flags as flag icon or country name, and a few more.

I think the default setting for FC is to have "Large Icons" enabled, so you probably just missed that option to have smaller symbols.

FC also just added tabs for Facebook Smiles, Text Art, and a few other optional tabs.
    Ah! Didn't realize about the setting lol! Thanks for the info
    03-18-11 03:09 PM
    Fancy Characters is better IMO better UI
    03-18-11 03:37 PM
    Ah! Didn't realize about the setting lol! Thanks for the info
    No problem!

FC just changed their UI a bit over their last few releases. Now their Home Screen icon takes you to UI for just their options organized neatly into a few tabs. And when you open FC from their menu item to actually use a symbol, the options have been removed from what you see. Makes everything cleaner in my opinion, especially since they've added more content.
    03-18-11 04:39 PM
    I ended up getting Smiley Pack. I like it cuz I can use it on everything and its pretty awesome. Its organized so i can find what i want and everything. Im really liking it. Thanks for all the feedback.
    03-19-11 11:16 AM
    I'm missing the smileys tab on my Fancy Characters App, anyone else experience this or know how to fix it?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 07:31 AM
    I'm missing the smileys tab on my Fancy Characters App, anyone else experience this or know how to fix it?
    Yes it's a bug and happens from time to time. Usually just clicking your ESC key to close FC and then re-opening it will remedy the problem.

I've noticed this happens predominantly in BBM Group Chats.
    Supposedly with the newest BBM6 leak (6.0.0.56) it is much worse in Group Chats, often needing to be repeatedly closed and re-opened before the BBM smilies tab is visible. Being a problem with a leaked BBM version, we can hardly blame the dev for this particular part of it.

What version of BBM do you have?
    04-05-11 12:32 PM
    Yes it's a bug and happens from time to time. Usually just clicking your ESC key to close FC and then re-opening it will remedy the problem.

I've noticed this happens predominantly in BBM Group Chats.
    Supposedly with the newest BBM6 leak (6.0.0.56) it is much worse in Group Chats, often needing to be repeatedly closed and re-opened before the BBM smilies tab is visible. Being a problem with a leaked BBM version, we can hardly blame the dev for this particular part of it.

What version of BBM do you have?
    yep it was working until i installed the new BBM leak (6.0.0.56) i didn't try the ESC key remedy but i downgraded the BBM to 6.0.0.31 (because the group chat was not showing in my message list) and it's working now
    (I wasn't trying to blame the dev )
    04-05-11 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD