Have u tried to install Huchison 3's official OS found here in CB(probably a little different from the one came on your phone)? Not sure it will work, just trying to help out with all possible ways.

My 9700 has .862 installed which was found here in CB, didn't delete vender file at first since I'm with 3, then it won't let me flash the whole OSn only to install or delete apps.
    3's latest official OS is .351 which is ancient, and it won't help the OP since 3's Skype app is service book controlled, not OS controlled.

...and I'm not sure why you thought you could install a Vodafone OS on a 3 device without deleting the vendor file
    08-25-10 09:41 AM
    100% sure. I bought it on ebay, seller is from Ipswich. Today I have spoke to costumer services, told them hole story, gave phones EMEi, they said, phone registered on other nameand have to get owner to call them and get EMEI of his name, so I can register it on mine and get it serviced, and I`ve been in 3 store, they said I will need to get copy of receipt or contract. I wrote an email thrue ebay to seller, no response yet. The good thing is this phone has not been reported lost or stolen!)

Thanks
    Unfortunately, that's your problem

Until the previous owner releases the PIN and IMEI from their BIS account... you're goosed!
    08-25-10 09:44 AM
    3's latest official OS is .351 which is ancient, and it won't help the OP since 3's Skype app is service book controlled, not OS controlled.

...and I'm not sure why you thought you could install a Vodafone OS on a 3 device without deleting the vendor file
    Hello phill
    The .862 stick on the top of the section is for voda, I knew it all the way. There is also one found in other post which is a Huchison 3's official release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 10:01 AM
    Unfortunately, that's your problem

Until the previous owner releases the PIN and IMEI from their BIS account... you're goosed!
    Is it hard to release from BIS or whether owner will bother or not?

Thanks

08-25-10 10:02 AM
    Hello phill
    The .862 stick on the top of the section is for voda, I knew it all the way. There is also one found in other post which is a Huchison 3's official release.

Could you point me to that one and any other for 3, I would try them, if what people sais is tru , i`ve got plenty of time.

Thanks

08-25-10 10:08 AM
    Hello phill
    That .862 is an East Asia version from Hutchison Australia, and it won't work on a 3UK device without deleting the vendor file first.

Same as if I try and install a Vodafone Germany OS on my Vodafone UK phone... I still have to delete the vendor file.

Is it hard to release from BIS or whether owner will bother or not?

Thanks
    It's not hard, but ONLY the previous owner can do it.

3 UK can't do it, nor can RIM, and wiping/reloading your OS won't do it either
    08-25-10 10:21 AM
    That .862 is an East Asia version from Hutchison Australia, and it won't work on a 3UK device without deleting the vendor file first.

Same as if I try and install a Vodafone Germany OS on my Vodafone UK phone... I still have to delete the vendor file.
    Ye, I normally do, just wondered what would happen if I didn't, which then came to the result mentioned is above post.

Thnaks for the info anyway Phill.

08-25-10 10:28 AM
    ONLY[/B] the previous owner can do it.

3 UK can't do it, nor can RIM, and wiping/reloading your OS won't do it either
    What he needs to do to get it released, just in case same "advanced" user as me?

Thanks
    08-25-10 10:32 AM
    What he needs to do to get it released, just in case same "advanced" user as me?

Thanks
    I think he just needs to call his provider's CS dept and let them know.
    08-25-10 10:41 AM
    Hello,
    I still havn't sorted my phone out, can't get in touch with the previous owner, is there any way to release EMEI ?

Thanks
    09-02-10 08:24 AM
    all sorted, all ineeded was bb price plan,as simple as that))
    09-18-10 03:52 AM
    Great that you finally got it working

Do you or anyone else know if the 3 Skype App will connect on an unbranded unlocked Blackberry as long as it's on the 3 network with a Blackberry plan?

I put a 3 PAYG sim with some data credit on it into my phone and downloaded and installed the Skype app from the 3 portal thing on the phone, it installed and launches but I get "Failed to conect to skype server" when trying to log in, same error as you were getting. So wondering/hoping if I sign up to a 3 Pay Monthly plan with the Blackberry Addon it will start working.
    09-29-10 06:56 PM
    all sorted, all ineeded was bb price plan,as simple as that))
    I have the same problem (Failed to connect to Skype Server) on my BB, what do you mean with "price plan"?

Thanks
    01-04-11 10:00 AM
    a few months ago, my daughter had a problem with her 3UK Skypephone 2

so I got her a blackberry 9300, on a contract, with BIS, from 3 UK

using that 3 sim in my unlocked Orange 9700, I could download and install the skype (skype_lite?) app on my phone, but I get "Failed to connect to skype server" when I tried to login

yesterday I had a problem with my 9700, so Orange did the next day replacement with a 9800, which I've just unlocked, and tried again with her sim
    but I get the same "failed to connect" message

what am I missing?

or, even better, why can't I have the skype_lite on my orange backberry?
    even if only for the text messaging, like iSkoot used to before they shut it down!
    07-03-11 08:37 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD