In the new facebook app I can't select to have my facebook contacts sync with my bb contacts. When I try to check the box it brings up the options screen as if I hit the BlackBerry Button. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
    06-24-09 04:04 PM
    Hey

I'm kind of confused on what your saying.. How I got my contacts to sync I used the Menu button. Go to your Facebook contacts click your MENU button... scroll down to where it says... "Connect to Blackberry Contact" Once you do this it will bring up your BB contacts... Pick whoever and you should be set... Hope this helps...

Zero
    06-25-09 04:31 AM
    It should happen automatically, but it's not an instant thing... I'd give it a week or so, then if that doesn't work, try Zero's suggestion...

That said, you could also try that suggestion to see if one works. If it does, wait a week or so. If not, then you have issues...

If it doesn't, I'd remove the app, reboot, and reinstall it.

Beyond that, I don't know...
    06-25-09 05:49 AM
    Let me try to explain better sorry. When I go to options one of them is to use the address book app which will sync my contacts to Facebook, it also automatically allows their person's facebook profile pic to be their caller id pic when they call. Right now it won't let me select that app. when I try to click on it, I automatically get the same thing as if I had it the blackberry key.
    06-25-09 08:32 AM
    I'm having the same issue. I've reinstalled twice now and still it won't let me check the box. I've got an 8900. Any ideas?
    06-26-09 10:17 AM
    I am having the same issue with facebook app. I have a bold. Here's what happened. When i installed the facebook application for the first time, the setup wizard asked me which of the following 3 I wanted to allow facebook app to interact with: Blackberry Messages, Calendar, and Contacts applications. I only chose the messages one (i.e. allowing facebook app to interact with my bb messages app only).

I now changed my mind and want to allow facebook to sync my contacts as well. When I open facebook app and go to settings, I can only check/unckeck the box for Blackberry Messages application, the checkboxes for the calendar and contacts ones are grayed out.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the facebook app multiple time, hoping it would reset the permission settings or run the setup wizard again to ask me which ones I wanted to allow, but wizard is never launched again at reinstallation.

Thoughts anyone? Thanks!
    07-02-09 01:15 PM
    Same problem here. In options it gives me three choices and the top and bottom ones are greyed out and don't allow me to change them.

[ ] Blackberry Calendar application
    [/] Blackberry Message application
    [ ] Blackberry Contacts application
    07-02-09 06:21 PM
    Reading other blogs, it seems this issue is happening to users who have a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) activated on the phone (Enterprise Activation). Seems the bb enterprise policies prevent that kind of inter-application connections (i.e. between facebook and contacts).

Do you guys have an enterprise account setup up on your phone? Cause I do, not sure if that's the reason though.
    07-03-09 11:29 AM
    Yup I'm on BES so that must be it. I'll talk to my IT guy and see if anything can be done...
    07-04-09 01:33 AM
    I talked with my IT guy and his phone has the same problem lol! Must be something that Facebook decided to implement for phones that are on BES because of the Facebook calendar being imported into the synced calendar? Thats what my IT guy thinks happened...
    07-14-09 01:26 PM
    this post at bb support forums explains it

supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=applications&message.id=1334
    08-15-09 01:04 AM
    Pin or blackberry messenger me and I'll send you the soultion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 11:15 AM
    Sent you a BB message...
    08-19-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD