Is there any app I can use facebook with, via wifi? I hate mobile web, I tried snaptu but I think it doesn't work. I do have a data plan but it is bbm+email only.

Anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 04:18 PM
    i never heard of a BBM/Email data package only. i guess its something only for foreign carriers.
    10-04-09 04:30 PM
    We have it, it's a LOT cheaper.

We have Pre-Paid BIS too.
    10-04-09 04:33 PM
    Rogers here in Canada also offers BlackBerry e-mail plans. They allow for unlimited e-mail and IM (supposedly all of the IM clients, not just BBM, although I've not tested it).

My wife is on the e-mail plan, and she CANNOT use any of the RIM apps. They all work through BIS, and since our provider has only provisioned her account for e-mail and IM, that's all that works. Plus the HotSpot web browser, of course.

There are a few 3rd party WiFi apps you can check out though:
    check out this thread.
    10-05-09 01:43 AM
    Yeah I have that same plan. I can use MSN, Yahoo, etc..
    10-05-09 02:33 AM
    The one thing I wish my wife could do is Google Sync, but alas, no...
    10-05-09 03:02 AM
    i never heard of a BBM/Email data package only. i guess its something only for foreign carriers.
    Or Canadian carriers. But then again anyone other American is foreign.
    10-05-09 12:19 PM
    Check out Aerize WiFiX, its at http : / / m.aerize.com

I think it is supposed to do what you want.
    10-05-09 03:20 PM
    Hi, i would like to use facebook app over wifi too, i have downloaded wifix to give it a try, but facebook isn't working and it shouldn't since there is no settings for it.
    How can i know where are the apps trying to connect to?
    This way i can setup some others that are not available in wifix's setup and can work. TIA
    10-23-09 07:03 AM
    i think the newest version of facebook is not wifi compatible. You must need a data plan.

However I know older versions do not require a data plan.

I think Facebook 1.5 does not require a data plan. If you can find that on the internet I suggest you give that a try
    10-23-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD