I think people expect the app to a condensed pc version,the app will improve,so everyone stop complaining

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 06:15 PM
    I agree the Facebook app for Storm is appalling. Anyone who defends it clearly hasn't used the iPhone version!
    12-14-08 06:23 PM
    I agree the Facebook app for Storm is appalling. Anyone who defends it clearly hasn't used the iPhone version!
    crap!

having the iphone has gotten me addicted to facebook lol ... the app is really amazing. I think if i have to use the web version, i will just stop using it. sad though, i was just starting to have fun lol
    12-14-08 10:12 PM
    just to let you know you can access the entire facebook website (not the mobile website) by enabling your browser in internet explorer configuration

how to do this.

1. open the browser
    2. click the blackberry button (the one to the right of the call button)
    3. click options
    4.click browser configuration
    5.set browser identification from blackberry to internet explorer
    6. turn off phone
    7. turn on phone
    8. open new browser
    9. Go to : Facebook | Welcome to Facebook (NOT m.facebook.com)
    10. thank me later

btw the facebook app, is fine and your complaints are illegitemate but if you really hate it so much and you want an online facebook experience similar to the iphone follow those steps.
    Should i leave it in internet explorer for all the sites i go to?
    12-14-08 10:22 PM
    I've found that Facebook | Welcome to Facebook lets me do everything I want to do fast and quick.

The app is cool when i get the ALERTS to tell me "go check it"
    12-14-08 10:48 PM
    I've been debating developing an application for the chat and notifications but if RIM/Facebook are going to develop a better app, I'd feel like it would be a waste of time.

What do you guys think?
    12-14-08 11:06 PM
    Seriously... Why dont they fix this program? Its absolutely horrible on this phone. Should just copy/paste the iPhone version to this.
    facebook for blackberry has always sucked. you might as well just go to the mobile version of the website.
    12-14-08 11:15 PM
    I've been debating developing an application for the chat and notifications but if RIM/Facebook are going to develop a better app, I'd feel like it would be a waste of time.

What do you guys think?

Facebooki chat needed to be on the blackberry a long time ago. Take my word for it. Everybody else will agree. Any feature an iphone has a blackberry should. So develop the facebook chat app.

Thanks.
    12-14-08 11:18 PM
    bump this for others
    12-15-08 02:48 AM
    I use the mobile version because I agree that the App is terrible. I deleted it, but I had to readd on saturday as I wanted to directly upload a couple of pics. That's all that's good about it in my book, though I think that update sounds very, very cool!
    12-15-08 06:17 AM
    Should i leave it in internet explorer for all the sites i go to?
    You don't have to change your browser identification at all if you set up a bookmark to the Facebook main site:

A. point your mobile browser at Facebook | Welcome to Facebook
    B . click the little link at the top where it says "to access the main site, click here"
    C. add a bookmark
    D. in the bookmark properties, change the browser identification to Internet Explorer

You could do this with the original "10 steps" by doing C and D above, then changing your browser options back to Auto.
    01-20-09 09:06 PM
    I dont think the facebook app is all that bad. I think the Myspace app is horrible!
    01-20-09 09:14 PM
    just to let you know you can access the entire facebook website (not the mobile website) by enabling your browser in internet explorer configuration

how to do this.

1. open the browser
    2. click the blackberry button (the one to the right of the call button)
    3. click options
    4.click browser configuration
    5.set browser identification from blackberry to internet explorer
    6. turn off phone
    7. turn on phone
    8. open new browser
    9. Go to : Facebook | Welcome to Facebook (NOT m.facebook.com)
    10. thank me later

btw the facebook app, is fine and your complaints are illegitemate but if you really hate it so much and you want an online facebook experience similar to the iphone follow those steps.
    very well said.. ive known about this for awhile but agree the app at least get the job done and i can upload all the pics i want all day, see msgd and do status upate pretty much easily
    01-20-09 09:19 PM
    Yes, Facebook for Storm is poor, for the time being. At the initial install, it worked ok... I could check friends status, see a list of my friends, reply to messages and poke friends.

Then, later for whatever reason, I could get notifications but not respond to messages or poke or see statuses or see my friends list.

Then, I can't even log into the application. I have uninstalled it and installed it almost daily trying to get it to work... to no avail... I hope there is an update soon... I'm a facebook addict.
    01-23-09 05:59 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD