Seriously... Why dont they fix this program? Its absolutely horrible on this phone. Should just copy/paste the iPhone version to this.
    12-13-08 09:33 PM
    I would say dont copy and paste, even thou they incorperate the same website the BB version use's its push tech to make these myspace/facebook apps work ontop of that the iphone version may not even instal cause it was built for the Iphone OS and not BB
    12-13-08 09:39 PM
    I didnt mean literally But wow... this app is horrible! When I get a new message, I cant even find where in the program to check it!!!
    12-13-08 09:43 PM
    I agree the facebook app sucks for the storm. But we can't copy and paste the iphone app because the iphone doesn't have copy and paste.

Ha! Point for the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 09:44 PM
    well try reloading the program, I use myspace and got ride of facebook to save some memory.

but try a reload, something might not be in its exact place
    12-13-08 09:45 PM
    I didnt mean literally But wow... this app is horrible! When I get a new message, I cant even find where in the program to check it!!!
    Is this all you have to base "horrible" on?
    12-13-08 09:45 PM
    Lets see... Status doesnt jive when I update it on my laptop, no in box on my app... Its just horrible.
    12-13-08 09:46 PM
    The facebook application is terrible. There is no question, it looks like its from the 90's and it was thrown together in about 5 minutes. I havn't used it since I first saw it in all its awfulness when I got the phone.
    12-13-08 09:50 PM
    it is very stripped down. Even the Palm version is better on my Centro
    I can only view the status updates from my friends in the last 10 hours. I have a few that posted 11 hours ago and don't show on the BB's version (just checked it). It shows ONE entry on my BB, but 14 on my Centro.

I don't see a way to read old messages on my BB, just ones it received. The Centro version I can log in and see the entire history of messages (sent and received). Also, the Centro version shows you "Contacts" with the phone numbers from your friends list as they have entered in their profiles. So, like the others said above, it is horrible.
    Last edited by howie; 12-13-08 at 10:00 PM.
    12-13-08 09:53 PM
    Anyone know if there is much of a chance of a FaceBook application update??
    12-13-08 10:22 PM
    If I am not mistaken, I saw a blurb somewhere just before the Storm was released that a new version of the Facebook app was being worked on for the BB platform and that it was scheduled to be release in the first couple of weeks of January.... <let me look...> This is what I pulled off into my notes. I apologize that I didn't catch were this came from:

"If the program (Facebook for BB) is something that you use on a daily basis, then be prepared for January of 2009, when Facebook for BlackBerry version 1.5 launches. New features include:

New Account Creation - the ability to create a new Facebook account directly on the BlackBerry handheld.

Access and Manage Facebook Phone Book - the ability to view friends phone numbers, request friends phone numbers, publish your phone number and even add these to your BlackBerry address book.

Facebook Birthday and BlackBerry Calendar Link - the ability to automatically import & link friends birthdays in to the BlackBerry Calendar as part of the Facebook Friend List linking

Facebook Event Calendar and Blackberry Calendar Link - the ability to save Facebook events into the BlackBerry Calendar.

Facebook events will be differentiated by a different color and an event reminder notification may be set up.

Just be patient a little bit longer and it should get a LOT better. You might actually find going to the Facebook site is a better option in the short term.
    12-13-08 10:32 PM
    Facebook Birthday and BlackBerry Calendar Link - the ability to automatically import & link friends birthdays in to the BlackBerry Calendar as part of the Facebook Friend List linking

Facebook Event Calendar and Blackberry Calendar Link - the ability to save Facebook events into the BlackBerry Calendar.
    These sound pretty useful... Is this an original idea from RIM? or is this something the iPhone already has?
    12-13-08 10:41 PM
    just to let you know you can access the entire facebook website (not the mobile website) by enabling your browser in internet explorer configuration

how to do this.

1. open the browser
    2. click the blackberry button (the one to the right of the call button)
    3. click options
    4.click browser configuration
    5.set browser identification from blackberry to internet explorer
    6. turn off phone
    7. turn on phone
    8. open new browser
    9. Go to : Facebook | Welcome to Facebook (NOT m.facebook.com)
    10. thank me later

btw the facebook app, is fine and your complaints are illegitemate but if you really hate it so much and you want an online facebook experience similar to the iphone follow those steps.
    12-13-08 10:41 PM
    Anyone know if there is much of a chance of a FaceBook application update??
    According to the front page of CB about a month ago they're facebook 2.0 coming out in January (i think that was the listed month).

Sounds pretty cool. Main feature I like is that you'll be able to add events to your BB's calendar.
    12-13-08 10:48 PM

btw the facebook app, is fine and your complaints are illegitemate but if you really hate it so much and you want an online facebook experience similar to the iphone follow those steps.
    The facebook app isn't fine. It's horrible, and many people here recognize that. It looks like shi t and its functionality is limited. I downloaded it and scrapped it in about 1 minute. Going to the mobile site is much quicker and more efficient.

I'd love to see the Facebook app improve. One big improvement would be including Facebook chat, as the iPhone version does.
    12-13-08 10:57 PM
    The facebook app isn't fine. It's horrible, and many people here recognize that. It looks like shi t and its functionality is limited. I downloaded it and scrapped it in about 1 minute. Going to the mobile site is much quicker and more efficient.

I'd love to see the Facebook app improve. One big improvement would be including Facebook chat, as the iPhone version does.
    i dont get your complaints and keep in mind im a teenager...

point being, it lets you upload pictures, check status, write on walls, send messages and lets you view your notifications...

how is that bad? what more do you do on facebook? i think what your looking for is when you open the app you want a reduced size of your "home" tab... so its just like a PC

but thats the beauty of the APP, it lets you do pretty much everything you would want to do,in a more organzied easier to use/see fashion. ok it doesnt have a link (one of the seven icons) for looking at other peoples walls or profiles, but you can do that on the mobile site....

and btw Facebook on the iphone just because its full screen, it still sucks... you have to zoom in A TON to actually click on a link or really look at something

GOSH
    Last edited by stormiscoming; 12-13-08 at 11:06 PM.
    12-13-08 11:01 PM
    what do you mean you cant find where in the program to check it lol if you get a new facebook notification a little icon appears on your storms icon page, and than you open the facebook app and there is the list of all your notifications in front of you... how is that bad/ hard to find?

it would be one thing if you had to open the facebook app to see if you got any new notifications, but wow that made that easier by letting you know you got a facebook notification and how many you got....

you people complain to much. and still your complaints are false and illegitemate.
    12-13-08 11:05 PM
    The thing to note, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that the BB app is developed by RIM and the iPhone app by Facebook. Maybe wed get a lot more functionality and features out of the box if Facebook developed an app for our BBs.

12-14-08 03:47 AM
    Just use the facebook website. Its super easy to find everything and u can s all friends status updates instead of just the few on the first page.

12-14-08 03:57 AM
    I think its really good. I use it more than my laptop.

12-14-08 05:57 AM
    I like it too. Yes it could be better but for a quick look or a quick message its works great. I upload pics directly.

Come on guys. Give them some time. Is it not obvious that they wanted this device out for the holidays. They made some huge progress with the first update. Get a little patience.

12-14-08 06:25 AM
    Agree the FB for BB is very weak.

My status never updates on my BB -- I update on my PC, and it never updates me onto my BB.

Any idea why?
    12-14-08 07:34 AM
    Facebook works really well on my Curve. Granted you can't really do much without going to the actual web page, it's good for what it does. I like being able to respond to messages without having to go to the mobile site and I can also update my status very easily, so for me it works.
    12-14-08 08:21 AM
    I have no problems with the facebook app on bb now, though the extra stuff may be fun to play with.
    If I did anything serious on facebook, I'd use my PC
    Same for movies, music, email, browsing, games... In fact anything serious, I'd use my PC

12-14-08 09:55 AM
    My notifications are NOT working on the FB app on the storm. Other than than its ok I guess... You can tell its outdated.

I feel like the FB app was made before FB revamped its website so a lot of features are missing. I am waiting for the new version!
    12-14-08 12:15 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD