So for those of you who had been following this thread:

My Gripes...

I have reached a conclusion! The reason why I was only getting 8-10 hours of Idle to barely any use out of my phone is because Facebook is a power wh*re. I logged In once and after I closed it out I figured it wasn't running anymore until I reopened it. Now that I have Facebook logged out It doesn't update feeds every hour. So since logging out of Facebook I took my phone off the charger 24 hours and 15 minutes ago and my battery life is at 25% and Ive been using my phone pretty moderately. My screen res is also at 10% with auto dim off and I'm running .353. The only program I have installed is Wikitude.

So the point of this thread is to remind people that if they have poor battery life to LOG OUT AND CLOSE FACEBOOK! You will notice a vast improvement.

So Thanks for reading and I will continue to help people In the forums, Take Care!
    09-05-11 12:20 AM
    sometimes if you close FB, it doesnt close properly. you need to make sure you close it out fully by hitting menu > close. i always do this and make sure my feed updates are set to 1 hr. i never see a bad drain in my 9780's battery life because of this.
    09-05-11 12:58 AM
    sometimes if you close FB, it doesnt close properly. you need to make sure you close it out fully by hitting menu > close. i always do this and make sure my feed updates are set to 1 hr. i never see a bad drain in my 9780's battery life because of this.
    That's just the thing! I would keep Facebook open on my Bold 9700 and had the feeds refresh every hour. I also had a RSS feed app on it that would refresh every hour as well and my 9700 got phenominal battery life, with heavy use it would easilly last around 14 hours. If use was moderate it could stretch half way into the second day withouught charging. That however unfortunately isn't the case with the 9860. But it makes sense as the 9860 only has a 1230mAh battery. And obviously Facebook on the 9860 is a power hog compared to the version for OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 02:01 AM
    Many have found MOST of the socail programs can suck the life out of their battery. Any software that polls the server for new information can take a toll on the battery. Have it poll less or even better manually will use less power.
    09-05-11 06:25 AM
    Exactly that's it!
    Stop complaining about bad battery live, close your apps.
    09-05-11 06:34 AM
    I took FB off my phone because I could not get it to quit sending me messages when I had notifications. I set the 'check for updates' to "never" and unchecked all mobile feed settings in my account. It still sent me the alerts, although not as often. Plus it ate up too much of my meager memory on the Storm.

I enjoy the convenience of FB on my phone, but it is an annoyance at the same time. I don't know if that is a glitch in the app since my iPod Touch FB does not do that. Maybe it will work better on the 9850 when I get it.

So while we want thousands of apps from which to choose, that has to be balanced with getting good battery life. I guess there really is no free lunch.
    09-05-11 08:44 AM
    Many have found MOST of the socail programs can suck the life out of their battery. Any software that polls the server for new information can take a toll on the battery. Have it poll less or even better manually will use less power.
    I would have it poll manually or everytime I open It as I dont open It very often at all, maybe once a day or every couple of days.. But they just dont give you either of those options. Theres renew feeds "Never" "1 hour" "2 hours" and "3 hours" I do believe if memory serves me correct. But since it was a power wh*re Id rather just stay logged out and log in whenever I feel the need to.
    09-05-11 10:58 AM
    No need to logout every time. Just set "Check for new Feeds" to never, and close Facebook (using Esc key or Menu>Close) when you're done. It will still receive message and chat notifications even when it's closed, and the Feeds will automatically refresh the next time you open it. It takes you to the newest update instead of staying at the last read one, which is a minor annoyance, but I have no issues with battery life this way.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    09-05-11 03:52 PM
    No need to logout every time. Just set "Check for new Feeds" to never, and close Facebook (using Esc key or Menu>Close) when you're done. It will still receive message and chat notifications even when it's closed, and the Feeds will automatically refresh the next time you open it. It takes you to the newest update instead of staying at the last read one, which is a minor annoyance, but I have no issues with battery life this way.
    Hmmm, I see! Well Ill give it a try! Thanks!
    09-05-11 04:16 PM
    I have my Facebook to never poll. It still automatically refreshes as soon as I open it and I still get the push notifications. I see no reason to have it poll hourly.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    09-06-11 07:43 AM
    Exactly that's it!
    Stop complaining about bad battery live, close your apps.
    Totally agree with you...
    09-06-11 08:22 AM
    Hmmm, I see! Well Ill give it a try! Thanks!
    So, how did that work out for you? Is your battery life better?

09-08-11 01:19 PM
    I can barely go a full day on my S1 (even w/a new battery) w/o charging it for a bit so this is no change for me, lol.
    09-08-11 02:54 PM
    So, how did that work out for you? Is your battery life better?

I totally forgot about this thread! lol. Yeah setting Facebook to only poll when I open the app works and saves me battery life. So now Facebook can be running and logged in and it wont waste as much battery life as when it was polling every hour. Actually I dont notice a difference between having the app logged in and running VS. logged out and closed in regards to what my battery percent is at the end of the day. I DO notice however that when I start using Facebook and commenting on status' and click the like button and view pictures my battery drains like a hooker's lady parts with ALL the STD's. I was on Facebook last night for about 20 minutes and it drained 35% of my battery. I figured it may have just had a bad install so I deleted it and reinstalled it only to find the same problem. Oh well, it doesnt bother me. I only use Facebook at night when im plugged into or near a charger anyway.
    09-08-11 03:28 PM
    my battery drains like a hooker's lady parts with ALL the STD's.
    LOL that's hilarious.
    DannyJK likes this.
    09-08-11 04:22 PM
    LOL that's hilarious.
    lol, Thanks, It just sprang to mind so I used it!
    09-08-11 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD