04-23-12 02:56 PM
33 12
tools
    It appears that apps install only to device memory and there is no way to install it to the sd card. Anyway this is what worked for me.
    The application storage area that apps install to has hardware mechanisms to prevent unexpected modifications. It is one of the reasons that the Blackberry platform is so secure. But the limited size of the application storage area has been a pain to users as long as there have been Blackberries.

On Blackberries, there are several memory areas:

Application Storage: secure persistent area for storing application code and the Blackberry operating system, along with sensitive data such as e-mail.

Device memory: persistent memory on the device, for media or anything else applications want to put there.

SD: The removable SD card, for media or anything else applications want to put there.

RAM: transient memory for use by the system and running applications.

The Device memory and the SD card are accessible over USB as removable file systems.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 04-17-12 at 12:54 PM.
    04-17-12 12:38 PM
    I reverted back to the previous version of facebook app 2.0.0.58 from rroyy.com, and it fired right back up. I'm still on an old bb storm running os5.
    04-17-12 05:37 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority but mine installed without any errors and I'm really liking it. I think it is better than the last version. In my opinion BB has the best Facebook app of all the platforms.
    I installed the app right when it was released, and haven't had a single problem with anything.
    04-18-12 02:51 AM
    Hey, does anyone know why captureit wont work with this? The option is there in the menu but it doesn't seem to vbrate and save my screen shot...
    04-18-12 07:06 AM
    a friend of mine has a problem with the facebook 3.0 when ever she tries to post any status it gives her an error ...we tried many things in vain :S
    04-19-12 02:02 AM
    Not sure if anyone else is getting this, but when someone "tags" you in a post now (new feature) the notification is not getting pushed to my phone.

Looking at facebook on the computer right now, I had someone tag me in a status update from the phone, no notification comes to my phone but I get a notification on Facebook.
    04-22-12 12:42 AM
    Worked just fine for me! It's a handy tool.
    04-23-12 02:23 PM
    Last night I started getting this error when trying to "mark prior read" on my messages to clear fb notifications:
    "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_facebook.lib (361) is not responding. Process terminated." Then, new fb notifications won't come in until I perform a reboot. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling facebook. Anyone else have this issue? How do I fix it?

BTW, Facebook v 3.0.0.15 on a 9900.
    04-23-12 02:56 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD