Is there anyway to not have facebook nitifications be sent to your mailbox. I checked the option under the options menu and it still sends it to the mailbox and when I deleted it off my mailbox it deletes it off of my facebook account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 11:19 AM
    You just sent a request to the dude whos GF you just *******. Maybe someday you will get cheat on and it will be AMAZING... Oh I can't wait.
    Been there, done that. Really isn't that big a deal if you aren't planning on marrying the person. Just move on.

Oh and people who I manually synced Facebook with my contacts have said they got a phone number request.
    04-22-09 11:42 AM
    Is there anyway to not have facebook nitifications be sent to your mailbox. I checked the option under the options menu and it still sends it to the mailbox and when I deleted it off my mailbox it deletes it off of my facebook account.

double check and make sure it is unchecked and you save the settings. Worked for me.
    04-22-09 11:43 AM
    Just uploaded a few friends from the Facebook List and it will be interesting to see if any of them contact me asking me why I might be requesting their phone numbers when they know I already have them.
    04-22-09 12:15 PM
    Im actually ENJOYING having everytihng in my messages folder. Granted the invitations and everything are PLENTY....I've started back using the Default Zen Hidden today and LOVE it...
    04-22-09 12:54 PM
    Anyone had any caching issues with 1.5?

I had a friend's status update show up in the app with no comments. I went to the mobile site and saw there were comments, back to the app to refresh and the comments never showed. So I went into options and cleared the cache, went back to the status updates, and then the comments starting showing up like they should.

Also, is it possible to comment on someone's status if no one else has commented yet, without going to the mobile site?
    04-22-09 02:09 PM
    Anyone had any caching issues with 1.5?

I had a friend's status update show up in the app with no comments. I went to the mobile site and saw there were comments, back to the app to refresh and the comments never showed. So I went into options and cleared the cache, went back to the status updates, and then the comments starting showing up like they should.

Also, is it possible to comment on someone's status if no one else has commented yet, without going to the mobile site?
    Yes. When you first go into the app, if you click on the "View Status Updates" icon at the top of the screen, it will list all your friends status updates. Within each update, you can click on "Comment" to comment on it.
    04-22-09 02:12 PM
    Yes. When you first go into the app, if you click on the "View Status Updates" icon at the top of the screen, it will list all your friends status updates. Within each update, you can click on "Comment" to comment on it.
    Hmm. I wasn't getting a comment option when I clicked someone's update that did not already have other comments. i.e. I would have been the first to comment on that status update.

I'll have to try it again.

Edit: Ok, must have been related to that caching issue. Now I see the comment link on all status updates.
    Last edited by Yesterdays Shoveler; 04-22-09 at 02:23 PM.
    04-22-09 02:15 PM
    Can someone tell me exactly how to update my friends BIRTHDAYS into my calendar?
    04-22-09 03:09 PM
    Can someone tell me exactly how to update my friends BIRTHDAYS into my calendar?
    It should sync automatically. Are your contacts "Facebook names" showing up on their respective contact pages, along with their phone numbers and whatnot? If so, those people should be in your calendar, provided that you have the Facebook calendar set to show.
    04-22-09 03:59 PM
    can anyone help me...how can i remove all the birthdays facebook forced on my calendar?
    04-22-09 04:05 PM
    id like to know this too. For some reason my hidden today is only showing my facebook entries and its doubling up on all bdays......
    04-22-09 06:06 PM
    this gets more ******** every time....so my bb contacts have their bdays already put in (for some), however if I sync one of those contacts with facebook then the facebook date supercedes the bb one on my calendar and no longer shows up in my hidden today.....anyone know of a fix for this?
    04-22-09 06:25 PM
    Damn stupid fb..

04-22-09 07:08 PM
    this gets more ******** every time....so my bb contacts have their bdays already put in (for some), however if I sync one of those contacts with facebook then the facebook date supercedes the bb one on my calendar and no longer shows up in my hidden today.....anyone know of a fix for this?
    Reboot worked for me.

04-22-09 07:09 PM
    so my friend and i were hanging out at my house lastnite when i browsed over to crackberry and read the news about the new facebook app. naturally we hastily downloaded the app and rebooted. then we checked it for new features. i have a storm, he has my old curve 8330. I call him today and he tells me now when i call him all this information from my facebook shows up. this is an awesome feature. i told him to call me back so i could see it. when he called to my dismay, the usual information came up. anybody know why this is?
    04-22-09 07:53 PM
    my personal list of issues with the new facebook update:

• no way to sync events with google calendar to my pc
    • some contacts' pictures get synced but not others. there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why.
    • no option to omit "employer" info when syncing
    • no manual "sync now" option?
    • stupid "phone number requests" that get sent when you want to manually connect contacts
    • none of my notifications are getting sent to my messages folder

all the updates are great ideas...but apparently poorly executed. if anyone has input on any of those issues, please share!
    04-22-09 08:02 PM
    Anybody know how to delete the calendar events, contact pictures, etc. that Facebook added to my phone? Also, does anybody have the file for Facebook 1.3? This app sucks and I'm content on using 1.3 until 2.0 comes out.
    04-22-09 09:47 PM
    just make sure default calendar is not set to facebook. facebook seems to auto change that when you do the update. very easy fix just go to options/advanced options/default services.
    Thanks! This is why I love crackberry.com - this was my problem too, and I check my today calendar all the time. Although before it worked I also had to do a batt pull.
    04-23-09 12:24 AM
    loving the new app!!
    keep up the good work RIM
    04-23-09 02:04 AM
    ok can someone help me all of a sudden since i made the change to 1.5 i no longer get facebook notifications on my phone, none, not even when i get a message on facebook? someone please tell me how to fix this?
    04-23-09 02:16 AM
    Next, go into Options (on the phone) > Advanced Options > Service Book, find the service book named Facebook [CICAL], highlight it, press BB button, click on Delete. That should get rid of the FB calendar altogether.
    Unfortunately, this only works until the next battery pull/reset. It's right back there when the device boots up again.
    04-23-09 08:30 AM
    When I click Status Updates it just sits at "updating" with the little bar /dashes flashing away, it used to be instant. I have full signal so its not that.

Anyone else having that problem ?
    04-23-09 10:09 AM
    so my friend and i were hanging out at my house lastnite when i browsed over to crackberry and read the news about the new facebook app. naturally we hastily downloaded the app and rebooted. then we checked it for new features. i have a storm, he has my old curve 8330. I call him today and he tells me now when i call him all this information from my facebook shows up. this is an awesome feature. i told him to call me back so i could see it. when he called to my dismay, the usual information came up. anybody know why this is?
    so i figured out that 1.5 didn't erase 1.3. that was my problem, erased 1.3 then installed 1.5 again just to be safe. did a battery pull and now all functions of the new app are working as should be. it is pretty cool. i like how it integrates your facebook contacts with your blackberry contacts. i still don't receive all my notifications but i am used to that. all in all i consider this a significant upgrade over the previous version
    04-24-09 01:16 AM
249 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD