I have the most recent version of the Facebook application (version 1.6.xx). My Bold's camera does not take real high-quality pictures. Therefore, I started the process of putting my microSD card in a SD card adapter and into my Cannon camera. I take my pictures, and then put the microSD card in my phone. The pictures look great on the screen, but when I upload them to Facebook, they are very grainy. Does this Facebook app downgrade the size/quality of photos when you upload them? Is there anything I can do about this? Third-party application to upload pictures to Facebook without change? Take smaller size pictures to begin with and hopefully they won't get degraded as much on upload?
    07-10-09 01:42 PM
    Me too. Bump

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 10:54 PM
    This problem didn't exist in Facebook 1.5, it's new to 1.6.

Facebook recently added the ability to upload via email, you have to send the photo to a specific address that you can find at facebook.com/mobile. If you add that address to your contacts, you can simply email the photo to "Facebook", and it'll be much better quality.
    07-10-09 11:02 PM
    This was present in 1.2 because I ran into it too. The only work aroudn that I found was resizing the image down that the long side was 600 (I think that is the size facebook uses). It then went through unchanged. But of course the resizing was done on my laptop at the time. I just didn't have WiFi where I was.
    07-11-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD