I recently upgraded to the newest version of Facebook for my Storm2. Prior to upgrade, I would get notification of messeges, etc. via the little blue FB icon on the home screen and no emails... Now I get emails and no blue icon... I did a batt pull but haven't seen any changes...

Has anyone seen this? Is there some setting that can change things back? I don't mind the upgrade... I just want to get notifications like I used to...

Thanks for any help.

Bryan
    09-09-10 07:36 AM
    Mine worked for about an hour and hasn't worked since. I don't get any notification at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 09:47 AM
    Go to options and scroll down to Facebook notifications and check the "Turn off all facebook email notifications". That worked for me. I do not get emails but do get the blue icon for notifications.
    09-09-10 09:56 AM
    I don't get any notifications on the app at all since the "upgrade". I can only get them via email. If you get it figured out, let us know please!

Last edited by SavedByChrist; 09-09-10 at 01:25 PM.
    09-09-10 12:35 PM
    I am having the same issue... I love this new upgrade as far as speed and no more lockup's when accessing my friends list and not having to press get more on the news feed page... But I hate not getting updates on my phone anymore.... Please please someone figure this out...ugh! I tried to do the turn off all email notifications feature but all I get is an error message..sigh..Anybody else have any suggestions?
    09-09-10 03:45 PM
    Aaaaahhhh! OK, I'm officially confused! After all thus time, I just got an update! All day, the only updates I have gotten have been via email. Then out the blue I get a FB notification on the app! I swear these guys are purposely trying to give me a migraine! LOL!

09-09-10 05:31 PM
    Mine have been hit and miss ever since the upgrade a few weeks back. About 80% of the time my private messages show up but even then it will leave one out in the middle of a conversation and make everything all screwed up. But rarely do I ever get a notification for wall posts. Ridiculous

09-09-10 07:13 PM
    everyone do these steps and you will be good once again

1. Open Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones
    2. push BB logo n select option.
    3. Scroll down to the Facebook notifications n checklist
    4. click on Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications
    5. Save the changes made and exit
    6. Log out from fb on your BB
    7. Log on to fb on your computer and go to
    account> application settings> then delete Blackberry for
    smartphones, then log out