The new Facebook upgrade 1.8.0.49. is fast but whats wrong with the notifications...im not receiving any...I clicked the options button on my mobile and on my site online...still no luck...software still buggy...anyone else having the same problem?
    08-20-10 10:52 AM
    yesss i just posted something about this as well!!! ugh its so annoying! mine isn't working either!
    08-20-10 10:55 AM
    I am having the same issues. I had no issues when I first downloaded the upgrade, but now I get no notifications, they stopped out of the blue. Not sure what is wrong with the App, but I might go back to the Beta version.
    08-20-10 10:55 AM
    There are already multiple threads on this topic, here's the one that I've been following...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post5490968
    If possible, please try to do a search before starting a thread. No biggie, just for future reference... It helps to keep down on multiple threads on the same topic, then nobody knows which thread to follow!
    08-20-10 10:56 AM
    I am having the same issues. I had no issues when I first downloaded the upgrade, but now I get no notifications, they stopped out of the blue. Not sure what is wrong with the App, but I might go back to the Beta version.
    I'm willing to bet that you won't see much difference going back to the beta version, as it probably used the same system to deliver notifications as this one. I'm guessing that there's some kind of server issue either on FB's part, or RIM, that always seems to be the problem whenever notifications go down, but now that the notifications are being delivered without the e-mail needing to be sent, I'm not exactly sure how it's working...
    08-20-10 10:59 AM
    i stopped the option of no email notifications i want to say over a year ago and still received my notifications without a problem. so it has to be a server issue going on.
    08-20-10 11:01 AM
    Yea I did notice that they stopped with the email notifications but you were still able to get FB notifications on the BB. Is it possible to go back to 1.7?
    08-20-10 11:19 AM
    Please follow this thread that's already started on this issue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post5491180
    08-20-10 11:27 AM
    There are already multiple threads on this topic, here's the one that I've been following...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post5490968
    If possible, please try to do a search before starting a thread. No biggie, just for future reference... It helps to keep down on multiple threads on the same topic, then nobody knows which thread to follow!
    Maybe I didnt want to follow those threads... I'm not a follower...but no biggie you didnt know that Never knew CB had a Thread Police
    08-20-10 12:49 PM
    BTW they fixed the problem....Im receiving messages again...so Yipeee
    08-20-10 12:54 PM
    Im not recieveing any of my notifications since I have downloaded the newest release.
    08-20-10 01:29 PM
    Maybe I didnt want to follow those threads... I'm not a follower...but no biggie you didnt know that Never knew CB had a Thread Police
    LOL there is no thread police, but it's just common courtesy on a forum (at least so I'm told).

If you haven't been able to get the notifications back up and running, some (myself included) were able to solve the issue by logging out of the app, waiting a minute, then logging back in. It didn't work for me the first time, but it did the second time I did it.
    08-20-10 01:39 PM
    All I can say is WOW. This new facebook is freaking amazing! Everything runs fast (as it should) it doesn't take years for friends list to update nor does it slow my phone down! My notifications come just fine and even let me see a preview of what was said before I even open it! Hope it stays like this! You must download it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EDIT:
    Apparently I'm using 1.8.0.31 so that's probably why its so great....
    Last edited by jfriend33; 08-20-10 at 02:02 PM.
    08-20-10 02:00 PM
    As already stated, it's more likely a server issue since PUSH goes through the server.
    For the most part, FB notifications on BB's work rather well. Just wait it out a bit
    guys. I'm sure they'll start working again soon.
    08-20-10 02:04 PM
    Every link I've found to this upgrade is dead or has been pulled.. Anyone got a working link??

08-20-10 03:42 PM
    I actually just followed some steps which seems to have fixed the problem.. this is what i read to do..

Open the facebook app on your blackberry, go to options, make sure the "facebook notifications" box is checked then directly underneath it hit the "turn off facebook email notifications".. hit the back button on your berry and click save.

This has fixed it for me and i seem to be getting all my notifications now on my berry. Please give it a shot and leave feedback on how you go?
    08-20-10 09:28 PM
    Cool.. Link to this update anyone?

08-21-10 01:14 AM
    I had version 1.8.0.30 from the Beta zone for quite a while as my readily available 1.7 stopped working. 1.8 worked brilliantly with the new push notifications, although some did still come through by email (and consequently outside of the app) it worked well. Wall posts, comments, pokes all arrived correctly but then for the last week or so of having the Beta app it stopped working and no notifications arrived.

I then saw it was out of beta so downloaded the available 1.8.0.49 and still no notifications came through.

It's working again now but since I've did nothing while I had the beta app and it stopped, and did nothing other than install the new available app and then wait 2 days I'm guessing once again it's Facebook playing with their API rather than the app itself.

I do like the new version 1.8, it's quicker than previous versions, although it just improves on what 1.7 does and introduces the push notifications rather than actually introduce new features.
    08-21-10 07:30 AM
    Cool.. Link to this update anyone?

the facebook update? its in app world or Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones
    08-21-10 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD