During the day yesterday my news feeds quit working altogether. Can't view anything. Anyone else having this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 07:40 AM
    this place is like... like... HEAVEN! you guys are the best! thanks for the information!
    10-19-09 07:48 AM
    v1.7 won't work in Saudi Arabia.

Can somebody please, please, please provide a good link to 1.6.0.21 please?

For some stupid, the blackberry site said that my phone isn't capable of 1.6??

Thanks.
    10-19-09 08:14 AM
    Seamless download, but my first post with this "upgrade" doesn't show up anywhere - here's to progress.
    10-19-09 08:46 AM
    I'm sure if FB made their own app it would be riddled with all those lame apps they have on their website of hot or not and that other crap... I prefer the app over the actual website to be honest...
    Not really have you seen the Iphone app?

Facebook works with RIM very deeply to perfect the app.
    Have you seen the Iphone app for FB? It's twice as good as this and FB developed it them selves. I hate the Iphone but this app falls way behind that app.
    10-19-09 08:59 AM
    I'm sorry that some of you are having problems with fb 1.7. Had to say that compared to 1.6, it rocks on my 8330. I love the news streams, the ability to view pics from my friends, and it's way faster at starting and refreshing. I don't have experience with the iPhone - all I know is this is a great update for me and I'll be thankful for that.

10-19-09 10:20 AM
    I'm sorry that some of you are having problems with fb 1.7. Had to say that compared to 1.6, it rocks on my 8330. I love the news streams, the ability to view pics from my friends, and it's way faster at starting and refreshing. I don't have experience with the iPhone - all I know is this is a great update for me and I'll be thankful for that.

I couldn't agree more. It's been great for me on my Bold.
    10-19-09 10:51 AM
    Did anyone find out why some are having issues with connecting to FB 1.7 now? I'm having the same issues ("Data services not available" message) though I have BIS and it worked fine before upgrading to 1.7. Every now and again I get into FB for a few seconds before it logs me off and says, "session ended." Thoughts? Sorry if something was posted already, I've been distracted while trying to skim through all these messages.
    10-19-09 08:07 PM
    With the last version on FB, when I would get any kind of message, friend request, reply, etc. it would go into the main "Messages" section and the red asterisk would appear on the envelope.

With the new FB 1.7, the FB communications go into the "Message" section but NO asterisk appears. I get a red flashing light but no visual notification.

Anyone else notice this? I talked to RIM and they said that it was an update. Apparently they want to make FB more of a "stand alone" app.

Any help is appreciated!

Jenny
    BB Tour 9630
    Find me on Twitter: JenniferM1702
    10-19-09 08:14 PM
    does anyone know if the memory leak issue is fixed? Its horrible on the storm!
    I've noticed this as well. Version 1.7, once run, stays running in the background. My free memory eventually evaporates. I'm also on the storm. I may actually go back to 1.3, because I don't want to have to reboot my phone more than once a day just so I can use Facebook.

10-19-09 09:57 PM
    Downloaded Facebook App 1.7 today and although i'm able to log on for 2 - 3 minutes it bumps me out saying "your login session has expired". What is going on? Is there a way to fix this issue?
    10-19-09 10:16 PM
    Did anyone find out why some are having issues with connecting to FB 1.7 now? I'm having the same issues ("Data services not available" message) though I have BIS and it worked fine before upgrading to 1.7. Every now and again I get into FB for a few seconds before it logs me off and says, "session ended." Thoughts? Sorry if something was posted already, I've been distracted while trying to skim through all these messages.
    I have the same issue and is still waiting for an answer as to why it's like this or if there is any way to get it fixed or if we can at least get back to 1.6. Please let me know if you have any word and i'll do the same. Thanks.
    10-19-09 10:33 PM
    Although I like the ability to view pics and videos etc... the most annoying thing is the separation of News/Status Updates/Links. I just want to see everything I see on the web version of My Home on FB - ie all of my friends' updates/news/links/pics - I don't want to have to manually select to view each. Is there a way to do that?

P.S. I did not have any connectivity issues after installing.
    10-19-09 11:45 PM
    I have the same issue and is still waiting for an answer as to why it's like this or if there is any way to get it fixed or if we can at least get back to 1.6. Please let me know if you have any word and i'll do the same. Thanks.
    Will do...as far spread as this issue seams, I'm surprised that there are no readily available solutions out there. I've searched multiple places...no real answers other than downgrading to 1.6...
    10-20-09 06:43 AM
    I started a new thread with this info...that way people don't have to search through close to 100 posts to find this fix

The thread is here

Steps are here:

These steps appear to have fixed these two issues I was having (no data services message and timed out message). I just completed this, and I'm not giving any guarantees!

1) Select options from the home screen
    2) Select Advance Options
    3) Select Service Books
    4) Select the FaceBook service book
    5) Hit the BlackBerry menu button (hard button)
    6) Select "Show HRT" from the menu
    7) Hit the BlackBerry menu button again (hard button)
    8) Select Register Now
    10-20-09 07:53 AM
    still no chat option only news feeds have been added...still waiting for chat option
    10-20-09 07:55 AM
    Got the notice on FB for BB page that 1.7 was available so I came here first thing to see what folks were saying. I'm downloading it now. Looks like I've got a 50/50 shot at having problems or not so..WTH!
    10-20-09 08:01 AM
    I've noticed this as well. Version 1.7, once run, stays running in the background. My free memory eventually evaporates. I'm also on the storm. I may actually go back to 1.3, because I don't want to have to reboot my phone more than once a day just so I can use Facebook.

I also noticed that 1.7 is constantly running in the background. I haven't noticed any memory leak tho. I am currently running v4.7.0.148 on a refurb Storm. But I have used the BBSAK and Shrink-A-OS a few months back so I haven't had many memory leak issues for awhile.

Of course, now I would like to add my own question to this smorgasbord (maybe someone will weed out the questions and add some answers).

I have a fb update icon on my screen but when I go to the fb app, I can't find the update.. Has anyone else had this issue?

Maybe it will fix itself after I download the 5.0 OS today.
    10-23-09 09:32 AM
    Although I like the ability to view pics and videos etc... the most annoying thing is the separation of News/Status Updates/Links. I just want to see everything I see on the web version of My Home on FB - ie all of my friends' updates/news/links/pics - I don't want to have to manually select to view each. Is there a way to do that?

P.S. I did not have any connectivity issues after installing.
    I beleive thats what the "News Feed" is.
    On mine it lists everything under there; status updates, pictures, videos, links, stupid game updates, etc.
    10-23-09 11:48 AM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD