Facebook update now live. Fixes a few issues
    •ISSUE: Default Calendar - Facebook calendar pre-empts existing device calendars. Issue resolved for new installations only, existing users are required to follow the manual process to reset their default device calendar.
    ◦Manual Steps: options/advanced options/default services/reset calendar to the correct service
    •ISSUE: Phone Number Requested when Manually Linking Contacts - A Facebook phone number request is automatically sent on a manual friend connection, users will be prompted if they want to request a phone number on a manual connection.

Not sure what else.

.blackberry.com/facebook

on your phones web browser
    Last edited by JBlom; 04-23-09 at 09:04 PM.
    04-23-09 07:27 PM
    04-23-09 07:29 PM
    Phone number requested manually linking contacts- users will be promopted if they want to request a phone number on a manual connection.
    After synching a couple of contacts manually, I still got phone number request sent messages in my message list. Doesn't seemed to have fixed this issue.

Edit:
    And no I was not prompted to send a phone number request..
    04-23-09 08:10 PM
    thanks for the post replacing old version now
    04-23-09 08:23 PM
    This doesn't fix anything! There most be another version coming out.
    04-23-09 08:39 PM
    is anyone having problems connecting to AIM now? Or is it just my phone / AIM issue? Ive tried restarting my phone a few times, and still no luck - it keeps doing the 'reconnecting'.
    04-23-09 08:48 PM
    Updated to .32 and it does still send the phone number request when you try to sync a contact manually, without a prompt.

Come on RIM, please test your stuff before you send it out. It's getting old.
    04-23-09 08:59 PM
    is anyone having problems connecting to AIM now? Or is it just my phone / AIM issue? Ive tried restarting my phone a few times, and still no luck - it keeps doing the 'reconnecting'.
    Yes I'm having the same problem. This was the first time I ran AIM on .122 so I don't know if the problem was there before I updated Facebook. I also tried updating to the latest version of AIM on Blackberry App World but the problem remained. Between this and Facebook still spamming for phone numbers you already have I'm really pissed.

CORRECTION:

It appears the AIM problem was unrelated to the FB upgrade and it was just an unfortunate coincidence
    Last edited by NJP11; 04-24-09 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Correction
    04-23-09 09:32 PM
    new facebook app avail now way better
    04-23-09 09:36 PM
    AAAAAHHHHH! I actually had NO complaints about the new FB app until you had to point this out to me! Darn you! Ha ha ha ha! Yeah... AIM isn't working for me now, either. It says "connecting" for about 3 minutes, and then I get an error message ("trouble connecting to server, blah, blah, blah"). Crap.
    04-23-09 09:43 PM
    AAAAAHHHHH! I actually had NO complaints about the new FB app until you had to point this out to me! Darn you! Ha ha ha ha! Yeah... AIM isn't working for me now, either. It says "connecting" for about 3 minutes, and then I get an error message ("trouble connecting to server, blah, blah, blah"). Crap.
    Haha, glad I could point it out for you! Got you good! But, for cereal now... what do we do? And whats really kicking me is, my FB was COMPLETELY FINE before I upgraded, I just wanted the newest version... uggggh.
    04-23-09 10:10 PM
    Haha, glad I could point it out for you! Got you good! But, for cereal now... what do we do? And whats really kicking me is, my FB was COMPLETELY FINE before I upgraded, I just wanted the newest version... uggggh.
    Mine was fine, too, but I really wanted the added features the new one offered... meant less going to the website from my phone. Ugh is right. I might just try using DM to remove AIM off the phone and then reinstall it to see what happens. Grrrr.
    04-23-09 10:14 PM
    you sure that its not just AIM having its normal connection issues?
    04-23-09 10:15 PM
    you sure that its not just AIM having its normal connection issues?
    I have never had "normal connection issues" until now, if that's what it is. I have never had a problem signing into AIM.
    04-23-09 10:16 PM
    I have never had "normal connection issues" until now, if that's what it is. I have never had a problem signing into AIM.
    Me neither... and im even on .75... haha. Everything was working quite well, actually.
    04-23-09 10:17 PM
    so hows the memory leak with this bad boy? the one before was horrendous putting it lightly
    04-23-09 10:43 PM
    so hows the memory leak with this bad boy? the one before was horrendous putting it lightly
    I wasn't having a problem with memory leaking with any of the other versions. (Am still not having a memory leak issue with the new one.)
    04-23-09 10:44 PM
    mine was dropping fast everytime, prob cuz it was constantly running in the background i always closed out but....
    04-23-09 10:47 PM
    dudde my mem is hella leaking since i updated to .32 my battery is hella draining too
    04-24-09 12:24 AM
    Phone number request is working fine for me when I link a contact manually. First I link the contact, then once it is linked it asks if I would like to send a phone # request. Mush less stalker-like now.
    04-24-09 08:59 AM
    I updated this morning and now I am receiving a bunch of exception errors. I even uninstalled and I am still getting this exceptions. I now have missing icons and this is a pain. Is there any way to get the BB back to before I did the upgrade of facebook?
    Last edited by dgreening; 04-24-09 at 09:30 AM. Reason: need to add more info
    04-24-09 09:27 AM
    Not only is my phone doing this, every night my data stops working, i realize half way through the day that i need to turn my data off and back on then i get flooded with my emails.

I never had this issue before fb was installed.
    04-24-09 09:40 AM
    I just noticed after my battery pull, I am still getting the exceptions (numerous) that my email Icons are gone and I can't get my email even though I have an alert on my home screen. Any ideas?
    04-24-09 09:44 AM
    I had a problem connecting last night...everything is fine now. I think it must be an AIM server issue.
    04-24-09 09:46 AM
    Since I am running .113 with 0 issues and a few apps and themes and great battery life, I think I'll stick with 1.3 FB since it has no issues for me. I'll wait till they fix this one.
    04-24-09 09:53 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD