hi everyone. i've been away from BB for a few months so i don't remember if this is common, or if it is a bug..i tried search CB and Google, but couldn't find anything!

1. When I read all my notifications on the BB, later I go to FB on my PC and all the notifications are still there. Anyway for it to be "marked read" on the PC too? Or I just have to click it again on the PC..

2. If someone responds to my wall post, I get 1 notification on my BB. If 4 other ppl respond to my same wall post, the BB still only shows 1 notification. I would think I should get 5 total notifications. Is it only supposed to show 1 notification per post?

Thanks in advanced.
    08-21-10 01:27 AM
    1.) it does this because the notifications werent checked while logged in on the PC. just click the icon for recent notifications. the red flag will be gone. however, the notifications will remain for a few days then disappear.

2.) i usually get one notification per comment/post etc. just like in BBM or the twitter app, ive noticed that if you leave messages unchecked, it will consider following ones all under that 1st original one. for example, lets say you get 5 BBMs from the same person in one chat session. you never checked the first BBM nor the next 4 following. your phone will only show 1 BBM notification, not 5. maybe thats what the FB app is doing if the previous notifications werent read or acknowledged.
    08-21-10 02:01 AM
    1.) it does this because the notifications werent checked while logged in on the PC. just click the icon for recent notifications. the red flag will be gone. however, the notifications will remain for a few days then disappear.

2.) i usually get one notification per comment/post etc. just like in BBM or the twitter app, ive noticed that if you leave messages unchecked, it will consider following ones all under that 1st original one. for example, lets say you get 5 BBMs from the same person in one chat session. you never checked the first BBM nor the next 4 following. your phone will only show 1 BBM notification, not 5. maybe thats what the FB app is doing if the previous notifications werent read or acknowledged.
    thanks dictoresno! i think i've just been misremembering. with #1 on the Palm Pre Plus (which I was using) it is almost like IMAP. If I make it "read" on my Palm, then on the PC it is also "read" I don't have to click it again.

for #2, I just didn't remember how it was... I'm on the old 4.6 so my SMS is still individual tally. If you send me 5 texts, I get 5 notifications. I remember on OS 5.0, if you send me 5 texts, I only get 1 notification because you are 1 person...

thanks for the clarification!
    08-21-10 11:25 AM
    no problem. im pretty sure thats all it is.
    08-21-10 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD