I've been having some problems with FB on my tour...yesterday I wasn't able to get anything from FB at all...no messages or alerts nothing...then today I couldn't even get the internet on my tour AT ALL...so when I got home I took the battery out and let it sit for a bit then put it back in and now I have my internet back and my FB...BUT...I'm not getting alot of what I used to get and I didn't change anything in my profile or anything like that...Is there a place that has a really good facebook app...the one I downloaded didn't have many stars...I just want it to work right and be able to get everything...I know I wont be able to play any of the games but I just want to see the things that get posted to my wall and the comments etc. O and I forgot to mention on how it freezes up on me all the time to...I can't scroll up or down I have to get out and back in again...

Also...I've been having problems with the person on the other line hearing me...one minute we're talking and the next minute I hear them saying "Hello? anyone there?" Meanwhile I'm on the other end yelling "I'm here...hello...I'm here" I've had this problem happen too many times...especially when your on the phone with the Dr's office and then you have to call them back...which takes forever just to get thru...Is there anything I can do or should I take it in or what?

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone may have...I love my tour
    04-09-10 03:44 PM
    I think its the app, the same thing happens to me all the time. One day it works great the next it freezes up my phone.

I use a combination of the app and facebook mobile on Opera, it seems to be working out pretty good.
    04-09-10 09:37 PM
    The Facebook app is not very good. I still prefer it over logging into the mobile web version with the built-in Browser. I prefer anything that keeps me away from that god-awful browser. kismet769's idea of using Opera Mini 5 to login might be an idea worth trying. Unfortunately, RIM has a lot of work (still) to do with that Facebook app. I have no data to back this up, but I'm willing to bet it's probably the most often used non-core application that people launch on BlackBerry devices. It should be their most functional, most stable application as a result.

As for your problem with people being able to hear you. That was a fairly common problem when the Tour first started shipping last year. I thought that they had this issue resolved by now. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing it now. Remember, no matter how good a product is - occasionally a lemon slips through into the hands of a consumer. If I were you, I would definitely take it into your carrier's local store and see what they can do for you.

Good luck!
    ALB
    04-09-10 10:33 PM
    Thanks so much. I think I'll stop by the store on Mon. Sometimes also it just sounds "ill"...like when I get a message that tone I have set for it just sounds like its dieing or something...

Here's another strange thing that has been happening...I like to keep my phone clean so I delete all my messages etc...well I've been getting messages that are from months ago...I received one from a friend a few months back wishing me a happy birthday and my birthday is in July...when I asked her about this she said she sent that last year...so now I'm getting messages that I already received from months ago...very strange...

Can you tell me more about this opera mini 5? I have never heard of it...what does it do and how do you use FB with this please.

Thanks again for the help
    Last edited by DoeZ; 04-10-10 at 12:37 PM.
    04-10-10 12:32 PM
    Can you tell me more about this opera mini 5? I have never heard of it...what does it do and how do you use FB with this please.
    Opera mini 5 is a very good alternative to the native BB browser. I think it gives a more "desktop" look to websites and seems to load a bit quicker.

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile – Download
    04-10-10 12:57 PM
    Opera mini 5 is a very good alternative to the native BB browser. I think it gives a more "desktop" look to websites and seems to load a bit quicker.

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile – Download
    Ok so I'm at that site...I dont know which one to download...I have the tour 9630 with the newest os 5.0...I don't see that there...all I see are ones that are older...so which one would I download? Also...because I have never heard of this is this something that is better for my PC also? The only reason I ask is because IE8 seems to be so slow...and googlechrome crashes too often for me...and this is a brand new computer and I just seem to be having trouble with my fb...on my phone as well as on my pc...Thanks again.
    04-10-10 01:52 PM
    Go to http://m.opera.com from your blackberry browser. It will ask which operating system you're using(either 4.7 or 5.0) and download it from there.

To find out what OS you're running on your phone, go to Options-About.
    04-10-10 02:35 PM
    I wish RIM would polish the FB app as much as they did the Twitter app.
    04-10-10 02:40 PM
    Keep in mind, that you have the app installed but you are not getting any of your facebook emails, AND you have verizon.net as your default contact verizon recently changed their email systems, you may have to delete your verizon.net email account from your BIS site and reenter it for the messages to be pushed again to your blackberry. At least that what I had to do on mine and my wife's.

Worth looking into anyway.
    04-10-10 02:43 PM
    Keep in mind, that you have the app installed but you are not getting any of your facebook emails, AND you have verizon.net as your default contact verizon recently changed their email systems, you may have to delete your verizon.net email account from your BIS site and reenter it for the messages to be pushed again to your blackberry. At least that what I had to do on mine and my wife's.

Worth looking into anyway.
    Ok...i'm sorry...what is BIS site? I guess you totally confused me. Can you explain a little more but in smaller english...lmao...
    04-10-10 03:31 PM
    Ok...i'm sorry...what is BIS site? I guess you totally confused me. Can you explain a little more but in smaller english...lmao...
    BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service = email service provided by the respective carrier; T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, etc, etc..
    04-10-10 07:57 PM
    Uh, I don't know about you guys.. But I just downloaded that Opera mini thing and can I just ask, WHAT is with the mouse cursor????????????????????? Its so unbelievably slow and laaaaaagsssssssssssss? You guys are going on about how fast it is.. And here I am getting aggravated @ how retardedly slow the cursor is!!

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to reboot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 10:37 AM
    Its just to confusing for me...and the last poster said it was very slow and I'm having so many problems as it is i don't need more. I'm getting messages that are from months ago...I got one this morning that was from Nov. '09...its really getting me mad now.
    04-11-10 12:48 PM
    the verizon BIS site https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

if you read the messages on the facebook web page, but never deleted them, they may show up if you use the facebook application
    04-11-10 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD