This worked for me for now....

Settings > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > "Menu" > Register Now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, we tried that too (several times). No luck. I may create an email account JUST for FB if it comes to it but really don't want to have to do that.
    02-27-09 03:38 PM
    Make your primary facebook notification email your blackberry email. That should work.
    02-27-09 03:44 PM
    Well damn... Wonder if its an OS issue. I'm on 133... Come to think about it shortly after that is when it quit

Well, this is what happened to me..... The Facebook that came loaded with the phone was in a folder. I downloaded another because I couldn't see where the Facebook was. So, to this day, I have 2 FB icons.

The one that came loaded with the phone, when clicked on, takes me to the browser (Wtf??) I put it on hidden and don't worry about. Meanwhile, the one I downloaded works just fine and I got this phone on Day 1 from the T-Mo store.
    02-27-09 03:59 PM
    I believe the Facebook Icon that comes with the OS is just a link to download the app.
    02-27-09 04:03 PM
    Well, this is what happened to me..... The Facebook that came loaded with the phone was in a folder. I downloaded another because I couldn't see where the Facebook was. So, to this day, I have 2 FB icons.

The one that came loaded with the phone, when clicked on, takes me to the browser (Wtf??) I put it on hidden and don't worry about. Meanwhile, the one I downloaded works just fine and I got this phone on Day 1 from the T-Mo store.
    You can't delete it either. I get a 404 error if I try to click it. I left mine in the download folder and hid it.
    02-27-09 05:20 PM
    Make your primary facebook notification email your blackberry email. That should work.
    That's my MAIN email address that people would search me by. And I get a LOT of mail which is why I don't put it on my phone. I would be too distracted with the phone constantly alerting me I have new mail and choking it up with all the large html emails I get coming in on a daily basis. Too much headache.

Like I said, I may just check on the browser if I feel the need to or if push comes to shove, get a new email JUST for the FB stuff and limit the notifications I get cause currently, there are WAY too many to be coming to my phone

I'll get it figured one way or another. Thanks for your input everyone.
    02-27-09 05:24 PM
    Ok, so I re-assigned a different email for Facebook and put that on my BB. "Facebook cannot establish a connection". My husband set his facebook up this morning and has no issues. Why is my phone being so weird when it comes to something that should be an easy deal? It USED to work and now doesn't. None of it makes sense.

I'll try an uninstall and reinstall of the app and see if that helps. Otherwise I am just going to give up with it I think.

Thanks for trying to help. *sigh*
    02-28-09 11:01 AM
    Minty, I feel for you with all these issues I see you having. Have you upgraded to the latest OS? Thought about returning the device? Also, am I right in thinking you're an expat Brit in the US?

02-28-09 01:12 PM
    Minty, I feel for you with all these issues I see you having. Have you upgraded to the latest OS? Thought about returning the device? Also, am I right in thinking you're an expat Brit in the US?
    Thanks YorkshirePud'. I have thought about upgrading the OS, but I'm worried it might cause more headaches than solve (isn't it still in beta test stages?) I have emailed BB support center to see if thay can shed any light on it. I reinstalled it from the T-Mobile link they gave and did everything they said to on BB's Facebook help page. Still no luck. I'm getting emails saying someone has written on my wall etc, and can access FB through the links in the email but it won't allow me to use the app - same stupid error message. I don't want to return it honestly as I paid for a skin for the phone and I will have to replace that if I return it (took flippin ages to apply it!).

Yes, I'm an expat Brit in the US. I guess you saw my post in the unlocking thread?
    02-28-09 05:32 PM
    Thanks YorkshirePud'. I have thought about upgrading the OS, but I'm worried it might cause more headaches than solve (isn't it still in beta test stages?) I have emailed BB support center to see if thay can shed any light on it. I reinstalled it from the T-Mobile link they gave and did everything they said to on BB's Facebook help page. Still no luck. I'm getting emails saying someone has written on my wall etc, and can access FB through the links in the email but it won't allow me to use the app - same stupid error message. I don't want to return it honestly as I paid for a skin for the phone and I will have to replace that if I return it (took flippin ages to apply it!).

Yes, I'm an expat Brit in the US. I guess you saw my post in the unlocking thread?
    Well, good luck! OS .168 on the sticky is not Beta, I don't think. Good reports from what i've read.

I saw a comment saying you have a SIM for when you visit back to the UK. I'm from Sheffield, but live in WI now. I started a thread in the PIN sharing forum for 'Brits in the US', but that died its death.
    03-01-09 10:52 AM
    Well, good luck! OS .168 on the sticky is not Beta, I don't think. Good reports from what i've read.

I saw a comment saying you have a SIM for when you visit back to the UK. I'm from Sheffield, but live in WI now. I started a thread in the PIN sharing forum for 'Brits in the US', but that died its death.
    Well, I will shuffle over there and see if it helps any. I emailed RIM and they were about as much use as a chocolate teapot and referred me back to their support pages which didn't help me in the first place, hence me writing to them directly...arggghhh.

Thanks.

That's a shame the thread died.
    03-01-09 11:06 PM
    facebook is working great for me...
    03-02-09 03:19 AM
    im thinking on dumping my iPhone i swaped with my buddy a couple weeks ago! i had the bold...originally had the iPhone! now....im thinking on the Javelin with T-Mobile? is it worth switching from At&t to get the Javelin over the iPhone to sacrifice 3G or does the Javelin run just as smooth with WiFi and 2.5G?? i also need to get out of the triple digit cell phone bills per month.... AKA 110-115!!!!
    03-02-09 08:25 AM
    Facebook app works fine on my 8900 running stock firmware from tmo.
    03-02-09 08:31 AM
    im thinking on dumping my iPhone i swaped with my buddy a couple weeks ago! i had the bold...originally had the iPhone! now....im thinking on the Javelin with T-Mobile? is it worth switching from At&t to get the Javelin over the iPhone to sacrifice 3G or does the Javelin run just as smooth with WiFi and 2.5G?? i also need to get out of the triple digit cell phone bills per month.... AKA 110-115!!!!
    I would suggest checking out the T-mobile service in your specific area before switching. What I did was went pickup a pre-paid SIM card from a T-mobile store and then used it in my unlocked phone to gauge the signal in my area. It was no good so I couldn't switch - other than that I was ready to. The prices with T-mobile are lower than AT&T so you should benefit there. If you do not *need* 3G then I think you will be just fine without it. The improved EDGE on the 8900 browses quickly and the WiFi feature allows you to get faster than 3G speeds and also call and use data simultaneously. T-mobile also offers UMA, so you will get a signal through a WiFi hotspot (assuming it is configured correctly) even if you do not have a cellular signal in that area.
    03-02-09 09:36 AM
    I have not had any issues with the facebook application and T-mobile. I receive all of the notifications, friend requests, etc. I have not had any issue with any of the OSes, so I don't think this is a OS specific problem.
    03-02-09 09:39 AM
    I put the .168 OS on in the hope that might help.

I made a new gmail account JUST for FB. (Thinking it didn't like the blackberry.net account). Confirmed everything, logged in online etc etc.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Facebook App (for the umpteenth time) and set up my new email account on the network with T-Mob and the phone.

Registered ok, service books sent (for the umpteenth time), opened up Facebook and same error message.

I'm done with it. Wasted FAR too much time just to get separate notifications that my emails will give me a link toi access via th e browser.

I may die never knowing why we couldn't get it to work, but at least I will be stress free LOL

Thanks again all.
    03-02-09 08:36 PM
    I have Tmobile and the 8900 and facebook works fine. I had the old curve before and facebook always worked. I did find out that if you don't have your email address that you use with facebook synced with your BB that it won't send you updates through the app. So make sure you're email that you use with facebook is setup on your BB.
    03-03-09 10:39 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD