Hey all,

I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm unable to pull up comments on my facebook status from my BB. I get the notification just fine, but when I click on it I always get the message "Unable to retrieve the post at this time. Please try again later." By always, I mean 100% of the time. It doesn't come up instantly, it seems to connect to facebook, but it never comes back with anything useful. Photo comments, wall comments, comments on others people statuses/photos/walls all work perfectly and come up in a reasonable amount of time. I can head to the mobile site and read them from there with no problem. But no go with the app. I never had this problem with my Tour on Verizon, just with my Bold on T-Mobile. It has worked in the past though.. on my unlocked Tour with my T-Mobile sim and on my current Bold. I believe but am not completely sure that this started with the layout changes and when they prompted me to update my security settings.

Things I've tried:

-Security wipe
    -Upgrading to unofficial leaked versions of BB OS 5
    -Downgrading to the first official T-Mobile released OS (with the address book bug)
    -Reinstall Facebook from my BlackBerry and the app from my facebook profile
    -Change my Facebook password
    -Change my contact e-mail
    -Mess around with various security options on Facebooks end
    -Change my permissions on my BlackBerry for *everything* to "Allow"
    -Resent service books
    -Delete the file facebook creates on your BlackBerry with what I assume contains cached/temp files used by the App
    -Tried every possible configuration in the app options and cleared the cache there
    -Installed Facebook from the mobile site, BB app world, a third party site, and directly onto my phone from Desktop Manager

I consider myself to be fairly technologically-savy. I've never really ran into a problem on my phone (or any other device I use for that matter) that I couldn't figure out myself or at least find an explanation as to why the problem exists. This has been going on for a few months now, and to say the least has been extremely frustrating. The only thing I can think of doing that I haven't already done is get a new sim card... I figure that even if the sim card I have now is fine, that having a different subscriber number might route me around whatever it is that's causing my problems now.

I've searched the forums as well as google for weeks, and I'm aware that the app seems to cause a lot of people a lot of frustration and it is far from perfect. Most of what I have found pertains to older versions of the app, have solutions that have worked for some others but not myself, or fall under a different set of circumstances than my own.

So any suggestions? Any of you have the same problem with no solution? If so, have you found any work arounds or alternative apps to use?

As of now I have the latest version of Facebook installed on my phone and I'm running OS 5.0.0.140.

Thanks all!
    03-30-10 03:12 AM
    ive seen it happen sometimes too. infact, most of the day on sunday i think it was coming up with "unable to retrieve post" errors. just the way the app is sometimes, ive just learned to live with it.
    03-30-10 03:44 AM
    I've been having this exact same problem and its really annoying. Has anyone figured this out?

I've noticed it doesn't happen all of the time. If I get a message notification and then relatively yet to view it, I'll get the error message. If I wait awhile befor viewing the message, it seems to work fine.

During this time I'm receiving the error, I've gone to my pc and tried viewing the new message but there isn't anything new to view. If I wait awhile, the message of whatever finally posts on my page. Almost like there is a delay on Facebook or something.
    05-25-10 09:34 PM
    I've been having this exact same problem and its really annoying. Has anyone figured this out?

I've noticed it doesn't happen all of the time. If I get a message notification and then relatively yet to view it, I'll get the error message. If I wait awhile befor viewing the message, it seems to work fine.

During this time I'm receiving the error, I've gone to my pc and tried viewing the new message but there isn't anything new to view. If I wait awhile, the message of whatever finally posts on my page. Almost like there is a delay on Facebook or something.
    05-25-10 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD