Hello CB Community,

I have had the 8530 for about a week. It's my first BB, and last night I decided to download the facebook app. Everything was fine until this morning my husband called me and only his phone number showed up, not his picture or his name or anything. So I go through my contacts and all my contacts are messed up. Numbers have been switched to other names, names are duplicated, names have been changed. Some contacts have just flat out disappeared.

My question is how do I fix this? I have already turned off the BB to FB sync this morning before it creates anymore confusion. How can I make my contacts back they way they used to be and how can I prevent this from happening again?

Thanks
    03-09-10 07:06 AM
    Ok, maybe I posted in the wrong thread. I'm new. Sorry.
    03-09-10 07:35 AM
    You can try going into the Facebook app and checking the options--try turning off the Blackberry Contacts option and see what that does to you address book; otherwise, try reinstalling the Facebook app.
    03-09-10 09:38 AM
    Thank you! I actually ended up removing the facebook app and then manually fixing all of my contacts. I am not to sure if I will reinstall the facebook app again. I wonder if it has anything to do with the version I downloaded. I think it was 1.7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 10:13 AM
    Maybe? I use 1.7.0.22 and I have not encountered any of those problems. Hope you get all that solved and are able to reinstall the app!
    03-09-10 10:16 AM
    Same thing happened to me, but it was after I did a Blackberry Wireless update. After I did the update, I had to reinstall the Facebook app and it doubled, tripled, switch names, and deleted many of my contacts. I'm planning on going back to the Verizon Store to have them delete my contacts and re-add them from my old voyager...unless someone has a better idea of how to fix this?!
    03-30-10 12:42 PM
    i had the same problem and fixed it by having a reset of my phone...all i did was download an app from app world (really any app that requires a reset) and once the phone rebooted everything was fine and dandy. no more duplicated contacts or whatever and i still had the facebook app
    03-30-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD