04-07-09 03:23 AM
    Um details?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 03:24 AM
    one of the CB mods just took it off and said if i repost the ota link i will risk getting banned, this was sent via email. normally they pm.

i wonder why
    maybe it is unofficial, but that shouldnt be a problem
    04-07-09 03:31 AM
    Ok, don't post the link, but was was the update about?

04-07-09 03:36 AM
    its the full facebook 1.5 app as we all know but there is a beta fb chat included in the install which is optional.

i installed it and it works sort of but the link is seems to have been removed because i cant find it anymore. it was on the blackberry.com.facebook website

my g friend is pissed as she wants the chat app soooo so bad, worse than me even.
    04-07-09 03:47 AM
    I was offered it when I ran App Loader yesterday. I was actually reinstalling the 1.5.0.30 FB beta, so I declined, not being sure what I was being offered.

04-07-09 04:05 AM
    can you do it again and then opt in for the fb chat
    04-07-09 04:27 AM
    can you do it again and then opt in for the fb chat
    I can't -- I'm in "The Contest" so I'd forfeit because App Loader always restarts my Bold when it's finished. I never use chat on FB anyway.
    04-07-09 06:28 AM
    So I have a few questions:

1. When is an updated version of Facebook actually coming out as an official update instead of a beta?

2. How is the beta version? Where'd you get it?
    04-07-09 10:01 AM
    04-07-09 10:03 AM
    I can't -- I'm in "The Contest" so I'd forfeit because App Loader always restarts my Bold when it's finished. I never use chat on FB anyway.
    I see that your Bold is running .247. I have .167 on my AT&T Bold and was wondering if I should update to .247. How is .247 and does it have any glitches?

Also, I saw heard that AT&T deleted BlackBerry Maps from the Bold. I have Google Maps on my Bold but I also want BlackBerry Maps just to try it out and use it a little. Does it work well and could you please give me the link from where you downloaded the BlackBerry Maps app?
    04-07-09 10:03 AM
    Blackbery maps can only be installed through DM- I believe?
    04-07-09 10:05 AM
    How? Can you give me the steps?
    04-07-09 10:08 AM
    First when you go to your application list do you see BBMAPS there?
    04-07-09 10:08 AM
    If not you need to connect to your DM, and use the application loader, check BBMAPS and load.
    04-07-09 10:09 AM
    Fb chat seems very cool the olny thing is that it doesn't show all the online friends as the list on my bb is diff to fb list

Yes I have been running .247 for 2 months and some.
    Its great. My mem is constant 48mb and no glitches that I know of. I'm vodafone uk so no idea about at and t mapping software

04-07-09 10:12 AM
    I see that your Bold is running .247. I have .167 on my AT&T Bold and was wondering if I should update to .247. How is .247 and does it have any glitches?

Also, I saw heard that AT&T deleted BlackBerry Maps from the Bold. I have Google Maps on my Bold but I also want BlackBerry Maps just to try it out and use it a little. Does it work well and could you please give me the link from where you downloaded the BlackBerry Maps app?
    BB Maps is not on phones provided by AT&T. There was a workaround involving downloading .167 or DM again (giving you BB Maps) and using a non-AT&T theme (the two stock AT&T themes hid BB Maps even if you got it onto your phone), but that's all been shot to H-E double hockey sticks with App World, the downloading of which for some reason keeps BB Maps permanently hidden.

If you don't have App World and you want to try BB Maps, you'll have to do a search for the exact steps because I can't even remember if one had to download .167 or DM 4.6 from the RIM site to get it.

.247 works fine. You will get more memory and the battery life will improve somewhat. If neither of these are a problem for you, there's no real need to upgrade from .167, though.
    04-07-09 10:24 AM
    So how often does AT&T come out with updates?
    04-07-09 07:24 PM
    Surely talking about bb maps detracts from this potentially exciting thread!
    Yeh - so how about some screen shots, or putting the app/a link out somewhere beyond this forum?
    Is it separate or integrated into the FB app as we know it?
    04-07-09 08:58 PM
    Guys the link has been removed. I got the ota link from BlackBerry - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones - not there anymore

04-07-09 11:54 PM
    BEEJIVE IM includes FB chat on it now.. it works wonderfully! I love it
    04-08-09 12:10 AM
    BB Maps is not on phones provided by AT&T. There was a workaround involving downloading .167 or DM again (giving you BB Maps) and using a non-AT&T theme (the two stock AT&T themes hid BB Maps even if you got it onto your phone), but that's all been shot to H-E double hockey sticks with App World, the downloading of which for some reason keeps BB Maps permanently hidden.
    I've heard that was the case with older BB's but I've never run into it with the Bold. When I manually installed it using the stock OS download it never showed up as being installed but when I upgraded (to like .219 or something like that) it showed up just fine and I am using the stock AT&T theme.

I strongly recommend anyone bothering to upgrade to go to .247 (newest official even if it is not AT&T official) for the same reasons you mentioned. It works great!
    04-08-09 02:09 AM
    im guessing this is aload of bull
    04-08-09 06:18 AM
    im guessing this is aload of bull
    Totally Agree with that

04-08-09 07:21 AM
    BEEJIVE IM includes FB chat on it now.. it works wonderfully! I love it
    It does? It is not listed as an option on mine.
    I'm using version 1.1.1.

Which version are you using?

edit: I just checked their forum, it's a beta. I'm downloading now, thanks for the heads up!!
    Last edited by Teek; 04-08-09 at 08:18 AM.
    04-08-09 08:11 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD