You should already have a Blackberry e-mail account that sends e-mails to your device. You can either login to it using the "Email Settings" app on your phone, or if you have Verizon, on the web at BlackBerry Internet Service. To check if you already have an e-mail address with Blackberry, try creating a new e-mail from your phone, click the box next to "Send Using:", and you should see an e-mail address that ends in "@vzw.blackberry.net". I don't know if there's a web-based e-mail application, I think it just is sent to your phone and that's it. I only use that e-mail address for Facebook.

See what I just wrote above, you should have an address set up. If not, you can set one up through either of the options I listed before ("Email Settings" on your phone or the VZW Blackberry webpage). Do you get e-mail notifications? I don't get those anymore, just the Facebook notification at the top of the screen (which is what I prefer).
    ok, now i'm confused are you saying that if i create a blackberry address and change my settings on facebook to notify that email address that i'll only get the facebook notification up top and not a full inbox of notifications ?? i want it set up like i think you have it. any help is appreciated
    03-30-09 06:37 PM
    zoomzoom ??????
    03-31-09 01:45 PM
    ok, now i'm confused are you saying that if i create a blackberry address and change my settings on facebook to notify that email address that i'll only get the facebook notification up top and not a full inbox of notifications ?? i want it set up like i think you have it. any help is appreciated
    The blackberry email is so you can get them all on your phone. The up top notification is through the facebook application.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 01:52 PM
    You can do that, but there is an easier way. As long as you're having your e-mail pushed to your phone, it will work. So let's say your e-mail address is [email protected], and you get all those e-mails on your phone (not through the gmail app, but in the messages folder, pushed through the BB service). Then you just need to set up your e-mail address in Facebook to read [email protected] and make sure your notification settings in Facebook are correct. If you've done this properly, when you get a Facebook notification on your phone, you won't get an e-mail, you'll just get the Facebook icon at the top. However, if you check your e-mail through your computer, you'll notice that the e-mail notifications are still there.

One thing I've noticed, and I'm not sure if this is the same for everyone, but everytime I reboot my phone, I need to start up the Facebook app and exit it in order for the notifications to work.

Hopefully that helps!
    03-31-09 03:41 PM
    You can do that, but there is an easier way. As long as you're having your e-mail pushed to your phone, it will work. So let's say your e-mail address is [email protected], and you get all those e-mails on your phone (not through the gmail app, but in the messages folder, pushed through the BB service). Then you just need to set up your e-mail address in Facebook to read [email protected] and make sure your notification settings in Facebook are correct. If you've done this properly, when you get a Facebook notification on your phone, you won't get an e-mail, you'll just get the Facebook icon at the top. However, if you check your e-mail through your computer, you'll notice that the e-mail notifications are still there.

One thing I've noticed, and I'm not sure if this is the same for everyone, but everytime I reboot my phone, I need to start up the Facebook app and exit it in order for the notifications to work.

Hopefully that helps!
    ok, sounds like i'm on the right page. i have my facebook settings going to my email address on my phone, which is my verizon home email, not a blackberry one. my problem is getting both the message to my phone and the actual facebook notification, meaning the little icon at the top. and correct me if i'm wrong but the way i understand is that you only get the facebook icon ONLY and not a seperate message as well telling you the same thing, cuz thats whats happening to me. thanks again so much for your help zoomzoom......p.s- the home email msgs dont bother me, i know i'll still get those, my issue is getting them on my phone
    03-31-09 11:14 PM
    I changed my email address to my blackberry address and now I do not get any extra emails...goes straight to facebook...nice!
    04-01-09 05:10 AM
    anyone know how to upload videos from a 8350i to facebook?
    04-01-09 10:25 AM
    it says to send the word video to video at facebook dot com. i'm assuming the want it sent as a mms message but i can't finda feature on my phone to send them HELP!!!
    04-01-09 10:39 AM
    sorry, posted this in the wrong forum
    04-01-09 10:47 AM
    ok, sounds like i'm on the right page. i have my facebook settings going to my email address on my phone, which is my verizon home email, not a blackberry one. my problem is getting both the message to my phone and the actual facebook notification, meaning the little icon at the top. and correct me if i'm wrong but the way i understand is that you only get the facebook icon ONLY and not a seperate message as well telling you the same thing, cuz thats whats happening to me. thanks again so much for your help zoomzoom......p.s- the home email msgs dont bother me, i know i'll still get those, my issue is getting them on my phone
    That's correct, you only get the Facebook notification at the top of your phone. The phone seems to automatically change the e-mail into a Facebook notification. As far as I can tell, there's no way to change this (and I really don't want it either, I just like the one notification).

As I mentioned earlier, the only other thing to remember is that if you reboot your phone, reopen the Facebook application (you can close it right after opening it, you don't have to leave it running). Otherwise, the notifications will come in e-mail rather than in the Facebook app.
    04-02-09 07:52 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD