This is my biggest problem with the facebook app; if anyone can figure this out for me, god bless you.

I would like to get all the facebook notifications on my blackberry--you know, clock on the "F" icon in my apps and go into facebook and see my notifications (i.e. if someone friends me, a little red star appears on the "F" telling me that something has happened in facebook, go into the APP and check it out.

However, what I hate more than anything is that my gmail gets all these notifications too. SO basically, I want facebook notification without any sort of email notification.

Please don't say go into facebook.com and turn off email notification because that also turns of the blackberry notification for some reason. There MUST be a way to have one over the other. THERE HAS TO BE.

Thanks,
    07-01-10 09:29 AM
    ***Click***
    07-01-10 09:29 AM
    There is indeed a solution. Go into Facebook and change your notification email to your BB email address. You will have to add it to Facebook, but you can edit your privacy settings so no one can see it if you want.

Now when the email goes out, there's no server for it to sit on. Problem solved!

BTW, if you were curious, the FB app gets its notifications by intercepting the emails that are sent to your device, which is why they stop working if you turn off email notifications. You can customize which notifications get sent to your phone by setting which ones are sent by email, which is pretty handy.
    07-01-10 09:39 AM
    that's perfect...but where is my blackberry e-mail? I went to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html and the only information it gave me here (after typing a username and password) are my two gmail addresses
    07-01-10 09:43 AM
    In FB on the berry, hit your BB key and drop to Options.

There's a box in there that says "Leave email notification messages on server". Uncheck that, back out and save changes = exactly what you're after.

Sweet!

BarlJo
    07-01-10 10:36 AM
    Thank you! That's exactly what I came here to ask - it's been driving me mad.
    07-01-10 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD