I am not much of a face book type person...never got into it. However a few of my friends are and I just noticed a friend request in my e-mail. when I clicked on it I saw FACEBOOK FOR BLACKBERRY. Are there any glitches or issues with this application that I need to know about before downloading it?
    02-19-09 10:46 PM
    I haven't notice anything. But then again I don't use Facebook a lot. I did click on the link & downloaded it.
    02-19-09 10:50 PM
    Facebook is known to cause MANY problems for MANY people with blackberries......... Some have no issues so its a chance thing..... * In my best Clint Eastwood voice* So do you feel lucky?............

Did not want to call ya a punk
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-19-09 at 10:53 PM.
    02-19-09 10:51 PM
    I had in for like an hour and then uninstalled it because i didn't have a data connection and it didn't like my wifi.
    02-19-09 10:51 PM
    Ya a lot. Lol. Memory loss,hourglass issues , and missed notifications. But you can try it if you want
    02-19-09 10:53 PM
    I used it for a while without any difficulties.
    02-19-09 10:53 PM
    Facebook has been known to cause a large memory leak..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 10:54 PM
    It lasted on my phone less than a day before it went buh bye for good. Supposed to be a newer version coming out soon, I think?
    02-19-09 10:54 PM
    I use it and have no problems.

02-19-09 10:55 PM
    I have used it daily for the past 6 months with no issues at all...

02-19-09 11:24 PM
    I love facebook on my BB. I've had no trouble with it whatsoever. Only phone I've heard of major issues with was the Storm.
    02-19-09 11:27 PM
    I have never had a problem with it. I like it, seems to work well for me
    02-19-09 11:29 PM
    Freakbook has more issues than the Library of Congress. Yes, it CAN work well sometimes. But like a "tame" tiger, can go crazy and eat your memory and cause issues like spontaneous resets, message losses, freezes, ...
    It also has a particular taste for early series Curves and Pearls. Deee-licious!
    Download at your own risk.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-20-09 at 03:47 PM. Reason: content moderation
    02-19-09 11:46 PM
    Everyone I've talked to at work that has it installed on their device loves it. In our office we have 2 Verizon Curves, 3 T-Mobile Curves, 1 Verizon Pearl, 2 ATT curves and a Sprint Curve.

All of them use FB for blackberry and LOVE it.
    02-20-09 12:18 AM
    Everyone is sitting here telling you what there experience was.. You can try it and if it works, then great. But if it doesn't sorry.. You will have to try and see..
    02-20-09 12:21 AM
    i use it A LOT everyday and have had no problems whatsoever
    02-20-09 12:23 AM
    Mine is SUPER slow and misses ALOT. Anyone else have this problem?
    02-20-09 02:02 AM
    Mine is SUPER slow and misses ALOT. Anyone else have this problem?
    As stated in this thread as well as many on CB Facebook is hit and miss. For some it works flawlessly but for many its a major headache. I know I will never have it on my BB again
    02-20-09 02:07 AM
    As stated in this thread as well as many on CB Facebook is hit and miss. For some it works flawlessly but for many its a major headache. I know I will never have it on my BB again
    My emails are slow too. Maybe something is wrong with my bb.. I've tried service books and everything. Just going to scrap facebook at this point..
    02-20-09 02:08 AM
    Too slow as in getting them or sending them? If its getting them it depends on what emails you have setup. i.e. Comcast, gmail, yahoo. My Comcast if I dont forward it will take up to 10-15 minutes while Gmail is instant....
    02-20-09 02:12 AM
    Too slow as in getting them or sending them? If its getting them it depends on what emails you have setup. i.e. Comcast, gmail, yahoo. My Comcast if I dont forward it will take up to 10-15 minutes while Gmail is instant....
    I haven't really checked the time it takes to send, but it usually waits till I check my email to forward everything. I use a university email, so I guess I should just ask the crackberry addicts around campus
    02-20-09 02:13 AM
    That is one of the many things that can be affected by the FB app.

Jkilla, you can always add the app again if this wasn't the cause of your Snafu. Its worth a shot, and has helped several folks before.

02-20-09 02:22 AM
    I have never had a problem with the FB app on my Blackberry. That being said the FB app itself sucks massive amounts of rhino ****. Notifications when checked online are not recognized as such on the FB app and vice versa which means you need to go and check every notification twice. Most anything else opens up the browser so the app itself doesn't really do much.
    02-20-09 04:24 AM
    As long as you remember to close the application it seems to behave fairly well. Only issue I have is some of my notifications never show up.
    02-20-09 06:24 AM
    I only use it for updating status occasionally, and close the application when I'm not physically using it, so I have no problems with it.
    02-20-09 06:35 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD