Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. My Facebook on my BlackBerry 8900 used to work no problem, however, recently, although I can still access it via the FB app, I do not get any alerts at all. No icon, no nothing, the only way I can check notifications is to launch the mobile site in the BlackBerry browser. I am running the latest official OS for the 8900 and the latest version of the FB app.

Has anyone else had this and does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue??

I've tried everything from deleting the app and reinstalling it to completely re-installing the OS itself

Any help would be MUCH appreciated

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 12:45 PM
    Dude, do a search using the term "FaceBook" - you'll keep busy for hours seeing discussions regarding problems just like yours.

Basically, the RIM FaceBook app sucks.....
    10-04-09 01:37 PM
    Surely SOMEONE must know of a solution
    10-04-09 07:24 PM
    Yeah.. I just logged on to see if it was just me. The facebook app indeed sucks. Its coming off in the morning.

10-05-09 03:23 AM
    It surely does suck. I gave the Facebook app a try twice. Both times ended up getting deleted. Facebook should make their own app.

10-05-09 03:33 AM
    The only thing I can think of is your email address you have on your Facebook... do you have that email address on your Blackberry... I mean are you receiving emails through your Blackberry Data Plan on your Blackberry??? Or did you change the email address to a different email address you don't have on your Blackberry???
    10-05-09 06:24 AM
    recently I have discovered that I cannot post comments on status' from friends that post with iPhone for facebook. Kinda weird they won't play nice amongst themselves
    10-05-09 09:13 AM
    recently I have discovered that I cannot post comments on status' from friends that post with iPhone for facebook. Kinda weird they won't play nice amongst themselves
    I have the identical problem...incredibly annoying, because most of my friends use iPhones.
    10-05-09 12:48 PM
    mine works perfectly fine...
    10-05-09 01:10 PM
    Funny, but mine works perfectly fine as well. Sounds like user error, or maybe just lack of knowing your device and how to set it up properly.
    10-05-09 01:50 PM
    Funny, but mine works perfectly fine as well. Sounds like user error, or maybe just lack of knowing your device and how to set it up properly.
    The OP said it used to work properly. Give people the benefit of the doubt as
    to maybe they're just as smart as you and maybe, just maybe there is
    something wrong with the app.

As far as the problem goes, I'm also hopping on the Facebook app for BB's
    does suck. I've only been using it for a few days and have been receiving my
    notifications but I can tell there are going to be problems with it already. Like
    a repeating notification for the same message or comment that was already
    posted, and that I've already checked. And twice had a couple of phantom
    notifications. And I confirmed it because I actually logged in to the Facebook
    site from my PC and there was nothing new.
    10-05-09 02:22 PM
    The OP said it used to work properly. Give people the benefit of the doubt as
    to maybe they're just as smart as you and maybe, just maybe there is
    something wrong with the app.

As far as the problem goes, I'm also hopping on the Facebook app for BB's
    does suck. I've only been using it for a few days and have been receiving my
    notifications but I can tell there are going to be problems with it already. Like
    a repeating notification for the same message or comment that was already
    posted, and that I've already checked. And twice had a couple of phantom
    notifications. And I confirmed it because I actually logged in to the Facebook
    site from my PC and there was nothing new.
    I would love to have given the benefit of doubt about the app not working, but;

seeing as mine works fine and has since day one (months and months of use now), I can't see why it would be the app. I have the same phone as everyone here. I run OS .231 and my FB app works perfectly.

Maybe these people are running OS5, or have other Beta software installed that conflicts with FB. Who knows, but as a computer expert who has worked with software for 19 years now, I don't see why the FB app would work on mine and everyone else has issues.

This is a perfect example of someone who knows their device and what's on it and things work great, and other people who have the same phone and one app in common and theirs doesn't work. Does that sound like a bad app? Nope, it sounds like users who aren't very familiar with their device.

Now, whether or not the app sucks in your opinion is simply that; your opinion. To me, the FB app works great.
    10-05-09 02:55 PM
    I would love to have given the benefit of doubt about the app not working, but;

seeing as mine works fine and has since day one (months and months of use now), I can't see why it would be the app. I have the same phone as everyone here. I run OS .231 and my FB app works perfectly.

Maybe these people are running OS5, or have other Beta software installed that conflicts with FB. Who knows, but as a computer expert who has worked with software for 19 years now, I don't see why the FB app would work on mine and everyone else has issues.

This is a perfect example of someone who knows their device and what's on it and things work great, and other people who have the same phone and one app in common and theirs doesn't work. Does that sound like a bad app? Nope, it sounds like users who aren't very familiar with their device.

Now, whether or not the app sucks in your opinion is simply that; your opinion. To me, the FB app works great.
    Yes, maybe. Instead of assuming that someone has a "lack of
    knowledge" when it comes to their device, ask the question first to make
    sure that it was one of those "maybe's" that you just threw out in your
    last post.

Your computer experience is absolutely irrelevant. And the fact that you just
    mentioned that proved the sarcastic point I was making.

And there have been enough threads on here about Facebook problems. I
    don't think most of those people are as stupid as you think.
    10-05-09 03:06 PM
    Yes, maybe. Instead of assuming that someone has a "lack of
    knowledge" when it comes to their device, ask the question first to make
    sure that it was one of those "maybe's" that you just threw out in your
    last post.

Your computer experience is absolutely irrelevant. And the fact that you just
    mentioned that proved the sarcastic point I was making.

And there have been enough threads on here about Facebook problems. I
    don't think most of those people are as stupid as you think.
    Well, I'm certainly not gonna waste my day arguing over whether people on here are smart or not. This is evidenced by what they post and where (not even being able to read and post in a proper forum for starters). I'll just appreciate that mine works great and theirs doesn't.

Have a great day!

Case closed. I'll move on to the next thread.
    10-05-09 03:32 PM
    Well here's an idea of my BlackBerry knowledge. I'm a business advisor for one of the worlds largest mobile networks and I deal ONLY in BlackBerry with my customers.

I also own my own software company that deals EXCLUSIVELY in BlackBerry software so I can assure you this is not down to my lack of technical knowledge on BlackBerry.

As for the OS. I tried it on 5...238 before reverting back to the more stable 4.6... and it does not work on either.

So how about you don't assume you're the BlackBerry expert and everybody elses BB knowledge is inferior to yours.
    10-05-09 09:05 PM
    Well here's an idea of my BlackBerry knowledge. I'm a business advisor for one of the worlds largest mobile networks and I deal ONLY in BlackBerry with my customers.

I also own my own software company that deals EXCLUSIVELY in BlackBerry software so I can assure you this is not down to my lack of technical knowledge on BlackBerry.

As for the OS. I tried it on 5...238 before reverting back to the more stable 4.6... and it does not work on either.

So how about you don't assume you're the BlackBerry expert and everybody elses BB knowledge is inferior to yours.
    Wow, you must feel so much better. OK, I won't assume I'm a Blackberry expert. I am however a computer expert. Seeing as the Blackberry is basically a small portable computer is many regards, I'll chalk it up as residual expertise.

That being said, as I stated already; mine works and yours doesn't. So you can take all your wonderful 'world's largest mobile network advisor' cr@p and figure it out then. I'll just keep on reading and playin with my Blackberry (mine works!).

As a side note, since you paraded your advisor status, I'll do the same. I advise the Department of Defense of the United States, the Dept of Homeland Security and local law enforcement agencies on software and computers, and also manage Blackberries for 2 local police divisions.

I'm pretty sure my working knowledge of Blackberries and the software on them is fairly stable. Did I forget to mention that I and an associate of mine hacked a Blackberry's encryption algorithm?

Blah blah right?! I wish you the best of luck figuring out why your and so many others Facebook app doesn't seem to work for you. I'll enjoy mine.

Most of you newbies and advisors don't wanna listen to help anyway. I'll let the janitorial crew clean up here.

Goodnight.
    10-05-09 11:19 PM
    The one on the left pissed further.....

For my $.02. I have OS 5.0. My friends all have 4.6. Mine AS WELL AS there's are messing up. Keep logging in and out. Not receiving notifications. Not to mention that bb users can not comment on iphone user's comments.

I personally do not believe it is a problem with our app however. If you get on the fb site for 5 min you will see that it is f-ed up. And the whole thing did not start (or at least I didn't notice) until the iphone got an updated fb app. So sucks for us bb users I guess cause everyone worships the iphone

10-06-09 12:59 AM
    Their mobile site has more options and is faster, better, etc...the app is a joke imo.

10-06-09 03:31 AM
    I had the same problem...you have to use your blackberry email and go to facebook and add your blackberry email in your info settings.

ADD ME ON FACEBOOK!!
    10-06-09 11:04 AM
    For the last 2 weeks or so my facebook app has been totally unstable. Always logging me out, saying there's no data connection, or something similar. I came here to find a solution and you all are calling it "user error." If you're such blackberry experts what are you doing on a forum? And, if you're so bb experienced...please help. Or, at least, please direct me to the bb 101 forum.
    10-14-09 10:42 PM
    ...This is evidenced by what they post and where
    I agree.

mine works great and theirs doesn't.
    I think you mean "there's doesnt's".

I'll move on to the next thread.

Seeing as the Blackberry is basically a small portable computer is many regards, I'll chalk it up as residual expertise.

Yes, and a toaster is basically a small portable crematorium in many regards. Residue aside.

+1 for the facebook problems. An official OS update resulted in my notification emails being ignored by the app. Inbox now full of facebook updates.
    10-14-09 11:21 PM
    I think you mean "there's doesnt's".
    Wow, you really need some English classes. Mine was correct and you tried to correct me with THAT??! LOL

BTW: Congrats on your 4 posts. LMAO
    10-15-09 12:21 PM
    Wow, you really need some English classes. Mine was correct and you tried to correct me with THAT??! LOL

BTW: Congrats on your 4 posts. LMAO
    Lame. Can we stick to the topic here?

-1 life skill point for being continually chauvinistic...

Back on topic, I have tons of problems with the app as well. It's junk. Use the mobile site and you'll all be much happier.
    10-15-09 01:22 PM
    Lame. Can we stick to the topic here?

-1 life skill point for being continually chauvinistic...

Back on topic, I have tons of problems with the app as well. It's junk. Use the mobile site and you'll all be much happier.
    You kids really need to get a grip on life. When the big bad world hits you square in the face and there aren't any MODS around to help you, and mommy and daddy aren't there to hold your hands; you're gonna be hurt in a bad way. Take your sensitivity pill for the day and finish your homework before playing on the computer.
    10-15-09 01:47 PM
    pulled by me
    Last edited by jdudeski; 10-18-09 at 04:06 PM.
    10-15-09 03:15 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD