I am no longer getting notifications on my Facebook for Blackberry application. (new messages, wall posts, friend requests, etc.) I thought it had been quiet today and when I got home tonight, I logged in on my PC and saw that I had several messages.

Last night I went in to the settings on Facebook (on my PC) and turned off the e-mail notifications for these things. I am wondering if that caused me to no longer get them on the Facebook for Blackberry application. I only turned them off because I was tired of getting the e-mails.

Anyone know if this is possibly the problem?

Many thanks in advance!
    10-28-08 10:01 PM
    have you checked that you are still signed on, on your berry

if you are sign out sign in
    10-28-08 10:03 PM
    Last night I went in to the settings on Facebook (on my PC) and turned off the e-mail notifications for these things.
    Someone is more than welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to have the email notifications turned on in order to receive them in the facebook app on your BB.
    10-28-08 10:15 PM
    Last night I went in to the settings on Facebook (on my PC) and turned off the e-mail notifications for these things. I am wondering if that caused me to no longer get them on the Facebook for Blackberry application. I only turned them off because I was tired of getting the e-mails.

Anyone know if this is possibly the problem?

Many thanks in advance!
    Someone is more than welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to have the email notifications turned on in order to receive them in the facebook app on your BB.
    That is exactly what the problem is. What the Facebook application does is intercept the e-mail notification that your Blackberry receives and then converts and displays it within the Facebook application (which is why the Facebook app gives you the option to either leave or not leave the e-mail on the e-mail server). Because of this, if you turn off e-mail notifications, then you do not get notifications within the Facebook app. Just turn back on notifications and you should be fine.
    10-29-08 12:32 AM
    I went back in and turned the notifications on and it's working again - that makes sense now becuase I NEVER get the email notifications on my Berry, but I get them in my inbox on my PC.

Thanks so much - you all are great!
    10-29-08 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD