i've tried everything and i cant get the facebook app working!

i tried to set up my bb email, i get the confirmation link, click on it and it takes me to the facebook log in screen? i log in and nothing happens...

any help would be appreciated!
    03-19-10 06:14 AM
    Do you have the Facebook App loaded on your device, or are you just clicking on a link in an email to get the login page???
    03-19-10 06:20 AM
    i have the app downloaded on my blackberry! i've tried it with & without and it always sends me to the mobile facebook log in screen
    03-19-10 07:16 AM
    can someone tell me the steps they had to go through please?
    03-19-10 08:43 AM
    It does not sound like you have the app loaded on your device... open your Blackberry Browser and go to mobile.blackberry.com... find the Social Networking Apps and download Facebook... this should put an icon in your Download folder... once you click on that and you should get an Facebook app that shows a login screen... be sure you're not using whatever links you are currently using to get to this mobile facebook login screen.
    03-19-10 09:39 AM
    There are two different Facebook icons that you can have on your device.

One is the app which you want and from what you've posted is NOT what you have downloaded. The other is the shortcut which is from the sounds of your post what you do have downloaded.

The shortcut is performing normally as all it does is open the browser and head straight to the mobile facebook website which is what you're describing happening. However what you want is the Facebook app which you can get from Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones

Delete the shortcut icon from your phone (or at least hide it) as once you have downloaded and installed the FB app you'll have two near identical icons but I'm certain if you follow the link I've given you above then you'll have the app you want on your phone.
    03-19-10 09:55 AM
    hi guys - i def have the app already loaded. its the 1 with all of the buttons above yes? news feed, write on wall, messages, friends etc...i guess im not explaining to well what the problem is. Im trying to set up my blackberry email with my facebook so i can use the facebook app + blackberry email to get notifications.

i went to facebook on my laptop to change my email because i got a new blackberry - my old email was my gmail.

facebook sends my confirmation email to my email on my blackberry

i get a msg in my facebook app under notifications saying "you recently entered a new contact email address. To confirm your contact email, follow the link below: (link here)

now when i click the link it takes me to my browser then to facebook mobile log in page..i log in and nothing happens...
    03-19-10 10:34 AM
    You should NOT be opening an email to accept a new contact... you SHOULD get a notification icon on your Facebook app icon, open that and open your notification in the App... then accept the new contact in the App... in the App, under Options you should have "Leave email notifications messages on mail server" and this should be checked... this is what the app was meant to do, not clicking on links in emails.
    03-19-10 10:59 AM
    wait a moment or two for FB to update.. i had that problem (verifying new email address) and it does take a while. see if it works, else try to access the link in the email from your laptop.
    03-19-10 11:23 AM
    i have that checked......how do i accept the new contact? all i have is the link Log In | Facebook of random numbers) that takes me to facebook mobile
    03-19-10 11:31 AM
    wait a moment or two for FB to update.. i had that problem (verifying new email address) and it does take a while. see if it works, else try to access the link in the email from your laptop.
    i tried to type it into my browser and it sent me to the login page yet again
    03-19-10 11:35 AM
    Come on... read my post... you should not be clicking on ANY links in ANY emails... that is what the Facebook Mobile App is for... you will get notifications through the App, not email.
    03-19-10 11:53 AM
    but my blackberry email needs to be my main facebook email in order to get notifications on the facebook app

in order to confirm my blackberry email i need to click on the link that facebook is telling me to...
    03-19-10 01:18 PM
    but my blackberry email needs to be my main facebook email in order to get notifications on the facebook app

in order to confirm my blackberry email i need to click on the link that facebook is telling me to...
    Your not hearing me are you... yes, you MUST have your email address on your device... BUT you DON'T need to see those email, or click on anything in those emails in order to have the Facebook App on your device work... the Facebook App does it all... it will receive those notifications in the App, you can get invites, respond to meeting requests, etc, etc, etc, all through your Facebook App.

Go into the Facebook App > Menu > Options > make sure the "Leave email notifications messages on mail server" is checked... this way you get the email notifications, but not on your device, which is how the App works... those emails will still be in your email, but you can clean them up by just deleting them later from your web front-end.
    03-19-10 04:10 PM
    Your not hearing me are you... yes, you MUST have your email address on your device... BUT you DON'T need to see those email, or click on anything in those emails in order to have the Facebook App on your device work... the Facebook App does it all... it will receive those notifications in the App, you can get invites, respond to meeting requests, etc, etc, etc, all through your Facebook App.

Go into the Facebook App > Menu > Options > make sure the "Leave email notifications messages on mail server" is checked... this way you get the email notifications, but not on your device, which is how the App works... those emails will still be in your email, but you can clean them up by just deleting them later from your web front-end.
    Dudeee yes I'm hearing you! Facebook isn't letting me change my email to my blackberry email because the confirmation link isn't working....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 05:21 PM
    Use a PC~!!!!
    03-19-10 05:53 PM
    Use a PC~!!!!
    I tried and it took me to the log in screen and did f all.
    I just contacted fb - hopefully they can just change it for me.
    Thanks for all of your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD