I have been searching and pulling my hair to no avail. I updated my phone to BBM 5.0. A couple of my messenger contatcs facebook pics linked automatically to BBM. The rest I had to manually do. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my own facebook pic to be my avator. Anyone done this and if so how?
    07-22-09 07:49 PM
    Where did you find the new BBM 5.0? I can't find a link anywhere...
    07-22-09 07:52 PM
    Want the new BBM on your Storm? Here it is!! - BlackberryOS.com

It's not just for the storm, they have most devices listed for download
    07-22-09 08:07 PM
    RE: OP, I too have been searching high and low on how to do this, I finally gave in and just saved the pic to my phone and changed it manually to match my FB.
    Last edited by Soloracer24; 07-22-09 at 08:11 PM.
    07-22-09 08:08 PM
    I have been searching and pulling my hair to no avail. I updated my phone to BBM 5.0. A couple of my messenger contatcs facebook pics linked automatically to BBM. The rest I had to manually do. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my own facebook pic to be my avator. Anyone done this and if so how?
    Save the pic to your device or mem card, then in BBM go to Options and choose it for your avatar.
    07-22-09 08:09 PM
    I figured out a way to make this work.

Make sure your FB App is connected to your Address Book
    - go to Options in your FB App and make sure the option is checked for BlackBerry Contacts Application

In your BBM 5.0 go to Options -> link Blackberry Contact -> select contact

Scroll through the people you have connected with FB and select their name in the address book. Once you've selected them, their FB pic will show as their avatar picture.

Hope that helps!
    07-22-09 09:33 PM
    that only works for contacts not your pic.
    07-23-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD