I understand that there are three different methods for uploading photo's to facebook and if you email a photo it's posted to the wall. If you select the photo then the menu key you have the option of uploading that photo to one of your photo albums but this is also posted to the wall.

Is there a way to just upload the photo to one of your albums without it being seen on the wall or without alerting friends that you have just posted new photo's? Am I overlooking some other feature using the BB facebook app?

Thanks,
    -bobkat
    Last edited by bobkat2500; 08-17-09 at 03:33 PM.
    08-17-09 03:30 PM
    I am not aware that there is a way to do that. Unless there is a setting in option on your actual facebook page. I know there is a way to never show pictures and albums on facebook, but the option to not show pictures that you upload/add to facebook, I do not think is there.

Now you can set it to not show pictures that other people tag you in and such....but that option is acutally under the privacy/account settings on facebook.
    08-17-09 03:36 PM
    I think with the way the wall feed is now, it displays all postings

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 05:52 PM
    I have it figured out, if anyone is interested here is the way I did mine::.

Uploading photos to your albums via your BB and not post on the wall:

• From your Facebook account, hover over the "settings" at the top right on any page and select "Application Settings".

• Click "Edit Settings" to the right of the Photos application.

• In the edit Photo Settings box, select the "Additional Permissions" tab.

• Change the setting to allow or restrict the application from publishing to streams.

This will keep your photos from posting to the Wall. If you send via the Email that Facebook gave you they will end up in your "mobile upload" folder. If you select to send to Facebook from the photo this will allow you to select the folder you wish to upload to.

I hope this is of some help for others.

-bobkat
    Last edited by bobkat2500; 08-24-09 at 05:11 PM.
    08-24-09 05:09 PM
    thanks Bobcat..
    I like having this option.
    08-24-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD