Is there a way to sync my FB contacts to my bb contacts without doing the whole thing manually?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 09:20 PM
    There is an option under the facebook application in the options menu to synch facebook contacts with your bb contacts. Select that and it should automatically synch them for you
    06-07-09 09:35 PM
    Does that sync all of them or just update information on matching numbers?
    06-08-09 02:34 PM
    ok I just looked at my contacts options and I said wireless syncing unavailable and there is no way of turning it on. help!
    06-08-09 02:40 PM
    Does that sync all of them or just update information on matching numbers?
    It won't sync all of your contacts, only the ones that have facebook accounts.

06-08-09 02:56 PM
    ok I just looked at my contacts options and I said wireless syncing unavailable and there is no way of turning it on. help!
    I'm guessing that you are on BIS. That wireless option is used by BES to sync your contacts. You can sync your fb and device contacts without this.

06-08-09 02:59 PM
    I am having an issue with my Face book calender and contacts not importing after updating to .148 the Facebook app works fine but it wont let me check the boxes to import these. is the Facebook software not compatible with the new BB software?

Or have I done something wrong?
    06-08-09 05:47 PM
    There is an option under the facebook application in the options menu to synch facebook contacts with your bb contacts. Select that and it should automatically synch them for you
    Where is this optinon???? I looked and looked but nothing.....
    06-09-09 03:49 AM
    yah im in the same boat, the only way i can get my contacts to match up with my BB is if i manually select each contact in the Facebook app and then choose the person in my BB contact list. I also have everyone's first and last names so thats not an issue as to why it dosnt update auto. Did it the manual way for a few people but way to time consuming to do it for 350+ people
    06-09-09 08:53 AM
    From what I've seen, the Facebook app will connect contacts that have matching phone numbers in your address book, and on their Facebook profile. If they don't have their phone number on Facebook, you will have to manually link them through the friends list in the Facebook app.

To get the contacts to sync, you have to go to the Facebook app > BB Key > Options > Select "BlackBerry Contacts Application."
    06-09-09 08:58 AM
    when this is enabled does facebook always stay open because now i cant close fb?
    06-23-09 05:35 PM
    I have the contacts synced, but it does not sync the phone numbers. For instance, if one of my facebook friends adds a phone number on facebook, why doesn't that number appear in my contacts?

06-23-09 06:01 PM
    Mine has synced some birthdays to my calendar which is great,

But it hasnt synced all birthdays? Anyone know why?
    06-23-09 09:44 PM
    I'm pretty sure it will only be able to synch info about people who list their phone number on facebook. How else would it match them? That's why you only get some of them. I haven't had any problems with .148. They are unchecked by default did you try to check the boxes?

06-24-09 10:44 AM
    yah im in the same boat, the only way i can get my contacts to match up with my BB is if i manually select each contact in the Facebook app and then choose the person in my BB contact list. I also have everyone's first and last names so thats not an issue as to why it dosnt update auto. Did it the manual way for a few people but way to time consuming to do it for 350+ people
    I have the same issue as him/her.... but I have over 1000 contacts....
    07-05-09 07:34 PM
    uninstalled/reinstalled disabled/re-enabled.. mine will not sync automatically. i have to manually do it. i only have 40-50 people though who i have on facebook and my contacts
    07-06-09 06:57 AM
    From what I've seen, the Facebook app will connect contacts that have matching phone numbers in your address book, and on their Facebook profile. If they don't have their phone number on Facebook, you will have to manually link them through the friends list in the Facebook app.

To get the contacts to sync, you have to go to the Facebook app > BB Key > Options > Select "BlackBerry Contacts Application."
    I have FB app v1.6.0.21 and the option "BlackBerry Contacts application" is greyed out/disabled so I can't select it. Any thoughts on how to enable that option?

Thanks.
    08-02-09 11:04 AM
    uninstalled/reinstalled disabled/re-enabled.. mine will not sync automatically. i have to manually do it. i only have 40-50 people though who i have on facebook and my contacts
    I know you've probably gone through this a couple times, but try uninstalling it and re-installing it one more time - when setting up the newest version there's a page that allows you to check/uncheck a few boxes regarding syncing facebook contacts, calenders, etc., so when it's re-installing make sure you pay close attention and check that box when it comes up. Also, another step might be to try and make sure that the names as they appear in your address book match the names as they appear on Facebook; for example, a couple of my friends on Facebook have begun changing their names (to avoid being investigated by potential employers or to distance themselves from exes, etc.) so I still had to manually sync a couple, but if you make sure to check that box during set-up, it should take a couple minutes and do a complete search of your facebook and BB contacts and automatically pair most of them.
    Good luck.
    08-02-09 11:25 AM
    Sorry to be a noob... how do you do it manually?
    08-10-09 12:26 PM
    im having issue with this as well... i cant get my storm to grab the pictures off facebook. It shows under my friends contacts info their Facebook name, and its pulled my calendar events, but no profile pictures for some reason. the Blackberry Contact Application is checked, as well as the option below it. but still doesnt work =/ help?
    08-21-09 06:15 PM
    To do it manually, go into the FB app. Go to your contacts and highlight someone. Hit the BB button and select "Connect to BlackBerry Contact".

When I checked the option to turn on the "BlackBerry Contacts application" it connected my FB friends with my BB contacts via their email addresses. I also use Google Sync. That shouldn't matter but Google Sync and FB do have some weird integration going on, evidenced by the FB calendar that likes to override my google calendar on my BB.
    08-22-09 06:10 PM
    I have FB app v1.6.0.21 and the option "BlackBerry Contacts application" is greyed out/disabled so I can't select it. Any thoughts on how to enable that option?

Thanks.

I have the same problem on my 8830. Everything was fine, then I had to get a new phone due to the connector being damaged. When I installed the app on my new phone, the item is greyed out.

My only guess is that since it is a corp phone, they somehow disabled access to my address book for 3rd party apps.

Any ideas? I've looked through every setting I could find
    08-25-09 05:48 PM
    Thats pretty nice to have on facebook it saves us time to play with our phones
    08-25-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD