i cant seem to turn off the notifications, to my cell phone for facebook. I cant seem to get it from the computer or the phone. Any help please????

bold 9780, 6.0
    09-06-11 10:17 PM
    Try opening the FB application, on the main screen press the BB menu button and scroll to options. Scroll down to Facebook Notifications and uncheck the box and save changes
    09-07-11 12:14 AM
    i was able to get some notifications to stop, i did that by changing my news feed update option to "never" and then i also did the run "set up wizard" that seemed to turn off most notifications for almost a full day, now some are leaking through... not sure what the problem is i have all OPTIONS to off... so annoying
    09-07-11 11:05 PM
    I'm convinced it's impossible to prevent them. I've tried everything short of uninstalling the app.
    09-09-11 06:46 PM
    go to the notification tab and select delete all prior
    09-09-11 07:39 PM
    go to the notification tab and select delete all prior
    It doesn't help - the problem is very annoying, if you ask me and disabling everything STILL doesn't disable the notifications themselves. When I had a profile I had the app on the phone for 2 days and it drove me crazy, so I unistalled it for peace's sake.
    09-10-11 06:20 PM
    Log out, log in. It solved that problem for me, it should for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    liontaur likes this.
    09-11-11 06:56 AM

Having a similar problem, will try logging in and out. I have the FB notification mostly managable, but I still get the little blue FB icon on the notification bar on the front screen, with the red asterisk.

I've learned to live with it, but it's pretty annoying when you specifically turn notifications off, and there it is. Is it too much to ask? Leave me logged into FB, but don't push anything to my BB? I'll see what's going on in FB when I choose to open the app.
    09-12-11 01:43 PM

I was having the same problem with getting notifications even though I had them all turned off. Just tried logging out and back in and it solved the problem for me. Thanks for the simple tip!
    09-12-11 11:54 PM
    I'm convinced it's impossible to prevent them. I've tried everything short of uninstalling the app.

I was unable to prevent the notifications and uninstalled the app.
    09-13-11 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD